I Made A Thing

NotPike

For no real reason but to learn something new, I built Raspberry Pi tablet with Kali and a couple of RTL-SDR's for radio monitoring. I'm naming this computer, "Seirēn" because I think it's pretty and she's a killer lol.

20160622_212708_zps27oepbto.jpg

e9f760ba-93cc-4869-95f7-6457a90506c8_zps

20160622_222834_zps9l8vn2d9.jpg

She's a work in progress being that I need to see how it runs two RTL's, give it touch screen capabilities, give it sound, and paint the thing some dumb color like pink... More to come!

Edited by NotPike
Added more pics.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

Yah, I used 1in heat-shrink to protect the RTL-SDR's from shorting out on each other.  The SDR's came with a a beefed up aluminum heat sink that was too large to fit inside the project case.  I think I might switch out both the RTL-SDR's with a Yard Stick One and an extra WiFi dongle. I found that running a GUI and both SDR's kinda stretches the limits of what the RPI3 can do.

-=Update=-

I glued the touch screen in place to keep it from popping out and I decided not to paint it. I think It looks better with out the paint. I'm going to do some more work this weekend and finish messing with the touch screen settings.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2016 at 7:36 AM, Skeletnyy Klyuch said:

How about addind a Proxmark3 on the back of your box for 125 Mhz RFID access cards duplication? ;)

Skeletnyy Klyuch

I would but the Proxmark I have hates the Linux and only works with the windows... :/

Not a bad Idea thou.

On 9/26/2016 at 5:19 AM, CharlieM0ng said:

Thats cool dude. Is it powered By a battery?? If not then maybe see if its feasible to do and could then be taken onto client sites for wifi testing.

Yup, just a simple USB power pack. I added a switch on the + lead for the USB cable so I can turn it on and off.