WiFi Pineapple seen on TV

mzac

Maybe we should have a sticky topic to share when we see the pineapple in the news? I once posted that I saw it on Good Morning America, and tonight here in Montreal I saw it on the French news show 'Le Telejournal' on 'Radio Canada', Quebec's version of CBC.

Edit:

I found the video of the report:

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/audio-video/#urlMedia=http://www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/2014/cbft/2014-10-29_22_00_00_tj22h_0000_03_1200.asx&pos=0

q3kOImC.jpg

xkF7bBH.jpg

Edited by mzac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great video!

My doubt is the part where they guys makes a fake portal and the journalist logs in. (no problem up to there)

But when he says that he can see credit card info, email passwords.... Well SSL strip simply can't do that anymore, so I would assume that this person is using DNS redirect with some captive portables?

And the tip that simply won't work is where they say you should ask for the hotel WIFI name. Well, can't Karma simply mimic the name? If I were going to a hotel, I would simply use a VPN or something like that.

Good video though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Senior Deputy Majority Whip Dennis Ross brought USF and its cybersecurity program to the U.S. House of Representative’s attention in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday.

"Cybersecurity reaches every facet of modern life, from national security to personal communication, from data storage to banking security, from health care privacy to transportation safety,” he said on the House floor. "With the opening of the Florida Center for Cybersecurity on the campus of the University of South Florida in Tampa this Friday, our state marshals the strength of all of Florida’s public universities to respond to our nation’s cyber workforce needs."

"At the ribbon cutting Friday morning at USF, the Tampa community and university staff and faculty gathered for the unveiling of the new Florida Center for Cybersecurity, housed on the seventh floor of the Interdisciplinary Sciences building. ...

"After the speeches, members from USF's Whitehatters computer security club demonstrated a hacking device commonly referred to as a pineapple. The pineapple allows hackers to steal information shared over public Wi-Fi, such as at businesses like Starbucks and Panera Bread."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...