Radio Layout

Captain

I think I have this right but want to confirm.

If you have the NANO with the status LED oriented towards you, WAN0 is the radio on the right (closest to the female USB) and WAN1 is the radio on the left (closest to the male USB) correct? WAN0 is the AR9331 and WAN1 is the 9271 if my info is correct.

Which radio is used for the MON mode in PineAP? It appears to be WAN1MON, but I wasnt sure if that translated to the 9271 or not? I just want to verify as I am experimenting with different antennas

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Captain said:

I think I have this right but want to confirm.

If you have the NANO with the status LED oriented towards you, WAN0 is the radio on the right (closest to the female USB) and WAN1 is the radio on the left (closest to the male USB) correct? WAN0 is the AR9331 and WAN1 is the 9271 if my info is correct.

Which radio is used for the MON mode in PineAP? It appears to be WAN1MON, but I wasnt sure if that translated to the 9271 or not? I just want to verify as I am experimenting with different antennas

Thanks

Correct.  The AR9271 (wlan1)is the wlan1mon for PineAP and the AR9331 (wlan0) is the Access Point side of PineAP. I haven't checked in a while but I'm pretty sure when using PineAP with clients it turns into wlan0-1.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, b0N3z said:

one LED Wlan1  no LED Wlan0

I always forget which one is for monitor mode and which one is for sharing internet is my problem LOL.

Wlan 0 on the WiFi Pineapple Nano is for recon and hosts access point. Wlan1 is for deauth, monitoring. Wlan0-1 is a virtual access point used to manage the device. 

Wlan2...if you are using one...is for connecting to ap plus it can be used for many other functions. 

You can repurpose the Wlanz to do other things but for the most part this describes how it is designed to be.