nano Tactical Pouch

kerravon

Found this nice tactical bag, the nano fits just great. this little bargain was £4.99 on ebay.
thought some of you guys might be interested. below is the link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272044765637?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

cheers guys.

kerravon

Edited by kerravon

10 hours ago, kerravon said:

Found this nice tactical bag, the nano fits just great. this little bargain was £4.99 on ebay.
thought some of you guys might be interested. below is the link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272044765637?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

cheers guys.

kerravon

s-l140.jpg

Does it already have the USB cut out under it or did you have to cut a small hole at the bottom of the case.

27 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

There is already a thread for this, but good find

NANO tactical case

That case I posted did not fit the NANO it was a bit to short  to cover the 90 degree USB Stub that connects to the Male USB on the NANO and the and male end of the USB Stub connects to the female of a battery pack I'll have to check his case out and see I'd like to get one my current is fine but I'd like something like what hak5 sells with their tactical edition it's honestly well worth buying Tactical edition just because of the goodies you get for the price and your only gonna save like maybe $5 more if you get stuff on a sale i guess.  

no it doesn't have the slot at the bottom but the case is big enough to hold my nano and a portable 2A battery pack
I bought for about 5GBP.  infact I didn't have to cut any slots at all.

it's honestly well worth buying Tactical edition"
obviously this post is for the many people out there who bought the nano basic and want a tatctical case, not everyone
in the world is in the position to buy the tactical version, and even if they were wouldn't they skip it and go straight to the tetra.

regards
kerravon

Edited by kerravon
spelling

16 hours ago, kerravon said:

no it doesn't have the slot at the bottom but the case is big enough to hold my nano and a portable 2A battery pack

obviously this post is for the many people out there who bought the nano basic and want a tatctical case, not everyone
in the world is in the position to buy the tactical version, and even if they were wouldn't they skip it and go straight to the tetra.

regards
kerravon

What I'm talking about is you need to route the Male USB cable that you use to charge your phone with to the female end of the NANO so you can tether the internet your phone is connected to so the NANO can share that internet, I'm sure the NANO would fit but fitting and also having the cut out for you to connect the USB cable to the NANO and to your phone is where the question lies, and that's what I was asking I mean this case here.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/141776063630 fits the NANO to however I needed to make a little modding on one side for the one Antenna and I also needed to cut a hole at the bottom of the case notice pictures below...

PESTaQr.jpgGDeWwbB.jpg

Oh I see, I didn't have to cut any slots at all, and I used a 90 degree male to female usb adapter with the
lead coming out the of the bottom slot to my battery pack. I will try and upload some better photo's later
today.

I hope these example show you better.

regards
kerravon

Edited by kerravon

BTW,  I am almost finshed designing a bucket psu that converts 3xAA batteries (4,5V) to
output 5V @2A . The board is the size of a microsd case.  I'm using AA batteries
because I have plenty of rechargeables  in the workshop, but their is no reason not to use
button cell rechargeables to bring the size down even further.

That way it can all fit in the tactical case with the Pineapple.

regards
kerravon

Edited by kerravon

Got to say if I see someone in my company or street, living that tacticool lifestyle, its going to draw my attention and others. Sometimes is better to looks completely normal and unremarkable, just blend in and do what you need to do. 

no sure of the relavence to the topic, but if some one walked in the office with a nano in a case or not it would set of alarms.
I would thing the use of the case for the nano would be for external recon like most people.

Further thoughts, if I was inside your company job done and I wouldnt need the nano, secondly as these case are meant for mobile phones etc, you  would soon look
very stupid approaching or reporting everyone with this style case.

Edited by kerravon
additions

On 5/29/2016 at 3:38 PM, kerravon said:

no sure of the relavence to the topic, but if some one walked in the office with a nano in a case or not it would set of alarms.
I would thing the use of the case for the nano would be for external recon like most people.

Further thoughts, if I was inside your company job done and I wouldnt need the nano, secondly as these case are meant for mobile phones etc, you  would soon look
very stupid approaching or reporting everyone with this style case.

+2

I have the nano tactical. If I were actually conducting "covert" ops, then obviously you wouldn't carry it around in a case that looks . . . well not covert. But the case is amazing for carrying, having in the car, or basically anything NOT trying to be stealthy.  Much easier carrying a self contained case than multiple items that could fall apart. The other aspect is protection. If you opted for the tactical case plus the 90 degree antennas, the unit as a whole can take quite a beating \ dropping.

On 5/25/2016 at 2:27 AM, kerravon said:

regards
kerravon

What about those that have both :evilgrin:

Hmmm Yeah but if you wanna use a Cute USB like... https://amzn.com/B00FJG5T4W you'd need to cut a small hole at the bottom so you can run that plug and a 3rd party wireless card. I guess a 90 degree USB isn't so bad is that a 90 degree Male USB to Female or what are you running to the battery I assume your using a the female end of the NANO to give power to the battery back.

1 hour ago, Captain said:

What about those that have both :evilgrin:

Only one thing to say, lucky git!!!  lol

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ZaraByte said:

Hmmm Yeah but if you wanna use a Cute USB like... https://amzn.com/B00FJG5T4W you'd need to cut a small hole at the bottom so you can run that plug and a 3rd party wireless card. I guess a 90 degree USB isn't so bad is that a 90 degree Male USB to Female or what are you running to the battery I assume your using a the female end of the NANO to give power to the battery back.

Seems a bit bulky to me, If I was going to use a external antenna, I dont think I would use the tactical case unless
I could find a good quality micro usb wireless adapter that the nano supported.  I would look more into some kind
of weather proof external box.

yes I am using a 90 degree male to female usb connector from ebay,  but as I said i have been developing a micro psu
for my nano, if i can get the right sized (pyhsical size) lipo battery I could mount  it inside the nano itself.
the pcb is no bigger than an american quarter at the moment.

regards
kerravon

5 hours ago, kerravon said:

Seems a bit bulky to me, If I was going to use a external antenna, I dont think I would use the tactical case unless
I could find a good quality micro usb wireless adapter that the nano supported.  I would look more into some kind
of weather proof external box.

yes I am using a 90 degree male to female usb connector from ebay,  but as I said i have been developing a micro psu
for my nano, if i can get the right sized (pyhsical size) lipo battery I could mount  it inside the nano itself.
the pcb is no bigger than an american quarter at the moment.

regards
kerravon

Interesting I didn't have much luck finding any 90 degree angle Male USB to Female USB within the first 3 pages possibly due to the fact that I use a Male Micro USB to Male USB cable that chargers my phone so I'll possibly stick to the case I got for now maybe if I decide to waste some money on another case which I don't think I will anytime soon I added that case to my watch list.

Update,

I have now got my micro psu built up and it is working fine, ended up using a lipo rechargeable battery,as
reachargeable AA batteries only come in at 1.2V each so were not optimal for the PSU. as youcan see from the
photos I should be able to get a small enough box and fit it externally and it reside in the tactical pouch with the nano.

or I could even look at hard wiring it into the nano itself.

regards
kerravon

Edited by kerravon

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/222108873736 I think some people from hak5 were watching it LOL came in the mail today the only issue I found so far is that the Antenna on the LED side doesn't wanna let the NANO stay centered however I'm sure maybe if I connect the battery pack it will fix that issue, Also the tag isn't the same as the tag in the picture seller should be lucky I was to lazy to file a item not as described claims.

The case has a CoolWalker tag where it should have the D-5 my mollie also has come tags that appear to be in Chinese on them so :B

Take a picture if you guys wanna see it.

Yes post some pics, 
The ad looks just like the one I bought, he has an email add in the body of the post email and tell
him you want the one as advertised, offer him to replace it or open up a case.

He doesnt have any notification on his sale page they items may appear different from photo.

regards
kerravon

BTW what does it mean, when you get a notification some one has given you a reputaion? is this a good thing or a bad thing.

7 hours ago, kerravon said:

Yes post some pics, 
The ad looks just like the one I bought, he has an email add in the body of the post email and tell
him you want the one as advertised, offer him to replace it or open up a case.

He doesnt have any notification on his sale page they items may appear different from photo.

regards
kerravon

BTW what does it mean, when you get a notification some one has given you a reputaion? is this a good thing or a bad thing.

Means someone liked what you posted they clicked that Green up Arrow on the right side I believe.

IMG_20160615_133503.jpg

IMG_20160615_133609.jpg

IMG_20160615_133524.jpg

IMG_20160615_133758.jpg

IMG_20160615_133822.jpg

Edited by ZaraByte
Added Pictures

@kerravon where did you find your 90 degree USB cable at I wasn't able to find a 1M Male USB to Male Micro USB on ebay the only ones I was finding were like 90 degree micro angles not the USB male that plugs into the NANO.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, CEO.Cat said:

Are you guys talking about the nano pineapple.   If not what is the nano ?

yes this is a post for the WifiPineapple Nano