Computer on a stick with usb pendrive form factor ?

SatchBoogie

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in the Armory USB but I would like to know if there is some board somewhere, with the same form factor and USB connector, that is sold ?

I find the price a little too high, so I thought maybe I could try to do it myself.. I spend the latest 2 hours tring to find something similar, but I found only one board on adafruit (I think ?) but it's an arduino one. I'm looking for the same specs as the Armory USB, that is:

• ARM processor with Linux support > 800Mhz
  • USB host powered
  • USB Device emulation to make it be an Ethernet over USB adaptor as well as Mass Storage
  • Optional: an LED to display some status (on/off/working/etc...)

Thanks for your guidance.

30 minutes ago, bored369 said:

I don't know of another one, but I have the armory and really like it.  I don't use it for a pentesting setup though, I have other purposes I'm using it for.  They do have a compatible Kali build for it though.

Hey thanks. Is the community around it, active ? What do you use the Armory for ?

The developer answers a lot in the google groups from what I've seen.  Otherwise I'm not sure how much the community is really active around it, but it runs arm linux that are fairly active and run just the same on armory as anything else I've seen really.

I use it for cold storage bitcoin wallet and have been looking at doing the encrypted storage Interlock thing but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm not sure how well it would do as a pen testing box if you are using it heavily, I would think overheating maybe a concern.  My Pi2 with active cooling works really well for that, but if you are looking for usb powered only you're going to have to take some sacrifices I think.