Found a after Market Tactical case for the NANO

ZaraByte

So I came across what I believe is a Tactical case almost like the one hak5 sells and it will run you around $8+ Free Shipping on ebay.
I'll keep you guys updated on if the NANO will fit in this case.

Screen shot:
uuW7dKI.jpg

eBay URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/311346222617

It seems there is no USB slot on the case in the image?

Nothing a knife can't fix, Knife and cauterize the thread can't fix. I made my own little case out of a iPhone case however I had to burn a hole on the side to fit the antenna on the other side.

Screen Shots:

PESTaQr.jpg

GDeWwbB.jpg

5DdtyJr.jpg

The pictures of the case I have is not the one from the link on eBay I bought the case in pictures from another eBay seller and poked a couple holes to run the cable out and antenna on one side it fits a battery pack I picked up off eBay for about $10

Edited by ZaraByte

If you've got an extra one laying around, a 5.56 Double Magaine Pouch works well also, slash some holes. if you don't go all Michael Myers with it, Freddy Krueger.
some of the inner waterproofing layer. I use mine if I'm spreading out somewhere and want to keep the 100 yards of wires under wraps.

Personally, I prefer the $2.00 calculator case from Office Depot

post-53348-0-51750500-1460680287_thumb.jpost-53348-0-16246600-1460680276_thumb.jpost-53348-0-62783600-1460680298_thumb.jpost-53348-0-71693800-1460680254_thumb.j

Bitches be thinking it's my Man Clutch.

• Upvote 1

If you've got an extra one laying around, a 5.56 Double Magaine Pouch works well also, slash some holes. if you don't go all Michael Myers with it, Freddy Krueger.

some of the inner waterproofing layer. I use mine if I'm spreading out somewhere and want to keep the 100 yards of wires under wraps.

Personally, I prefer the $2.00 calculator case from Office Depot

Bitches be thinking it's my Man Clutch.

I like your battery pack where'd you get that one from? or is that a cover you bought extra that's on that battery pack.

Edited by ZaraByte

It's a PNY 8000mAh. It's nice, happy it obly hase tiny indicator lights versus some otheres that could light up a house.

Office depot for $15. http://www.amazon.com/PNY-L8000-PowerPack-Universal-Rechargeable/dp/B012XZYCOO?th=1&psc=1

I'd like to find three or four 1/2" thick by 4"-5" wide so ai could stack them under the nano and put some extra juice in the nano and a pen booster.

Side note: i could I could use either a 4-port HDE or iHome USB hub to utilize three battery packs to charge the nano. I'm unsure of the maximum input for the nano but it was all energizered. If you utilize only the female ports, power will run throughout it.

• Upvote 2

It's a PNY 8000mAh. It's nice, happy it obly hase tiny indicator lights versus some otheres that could light up a house.

Office depot for $15. http://www.amazon.com/PNY-L8000-PowerPack-Universal-Rechargeable/dp/B012XZYCOO?th=1&psc=1

I'd like to find three or four 1/2" thick by 4"-5" wide so ai could stack them under the nano and put some extra juice in the nano and a pen booster.

Side note: i could I could use either a 4-port HDE or iHome USB hub to utilize three battery packs to charge the nano. I'm unsure of the maximum input for the nano but it was all energizered. If you utilize only the female ports, power will run throughout it.

Man that really is a nice battery pack right there I like that cover the battery pack has on it looks like a leather almost like material added that to my wishlist to get never have enough rechargeable packs.

Edited by ZaraByte
  • Upvote 1

I wish it was more narrow, i want to find two or three backs or one big one the width of the nano that outputs +10 volts. One of these days I'll spend some time looking

This is what I have setup. Nano, Jackery 20100mAh battery, 180 usb adapter, supplied usb y cable, optional usb stubby wifi, I mostly have this setup to take and collect ssid in PineAP just turn it on and go no need to mess with the Web UI after you set it up to do so on boot. The case is hacked up iphone 6 case but it works well and holds every accessory that I would need for the Pineapple.

GzKJDsn.jpg

0rmddwj.jpg

Ozl6WCt.jpg

Edited by b0N3z

b0N3z to big I felt kinda awkward walking around the store the other day with my Phone USB cable hanging out from my side walking around in the store need to figure a to make it less retarded with the cable hanging out in the open.

I'm still waiting on my case to get here I like to wear basketball shorts carrying a pineapple with a battery pack makes my shorts almost fall off when walking around with it.

I will let it be known that I wasn't logging anyones information I was harvesting SSID's in the store.

• Upvote 1

b0N3z to big I felt kinda awkward walking around the store the other day with my Phone USB cable hanging out from my side walking around in the store need to figure a to make it less retarded with the cable hanging out in the open.

I'm still waiting on my case to get here I like to wear basketball shorts carrying a pineapple with a battery pack makes my shorts almost fall off when walking around with it.

I will let it be known that I wasn't logging anyones information I was harvesting SSID's in the store.

^^^ I do the same thing. I have mine attached to my backpack so I dont have to carry it or if I just throw it in the car it is an easy stand alone. Im going to get a smaller more practical battery so that the cable doesn't stick out and its not as obvious. I also have the cable routed through the case, so when i get a smaller battery its all contained. I have another case and the antennas and all fit inside but im almost afraid that im going to break an antenna off with that case ( which would be my luck).

I picked up two gear head 5200mAh packs that are smaller than the nano. Fucking slim. I've wrapped one in a ranger bank to give it some protection and grip. I also found a dual band asus 'moving antenna' the t2tr. Two sma's into the same antenna. Been playing with the splitter and the signal strength. The girlfriend just sighs and laughs at me 'playing dress up' with the nano surrounded by cords and dongles. I like that setup though b0n3z. Is that an added setup where you keep the nano?

• Upvote 1

I picked up two gear head 5200mAh packs that are smaller than the nano. Fucking slim. I've wrapped one in a ranger bank to give it some protection and grip. I also found a dual band asus 'moving antenna' the t2tr. Two sma's into the same antenna. Been playing with the splitter and the signal strength. The girlfriend just sighs and laughs at me 'playing dress up' with the nano surrounded by cords and dongles. I like that setup though b0n3z. Is that an added setup where you keep the nano?

Moving antenna, t2tr? and yes the entire backpack is a little mobile hack lab. I have another little case with a raspberry pi2. I wifi tether everything through my laptop so that i can ssh into the pi or the nano or webUI, and every accessory I would need to connect everything or add another wifi dongle or gps or anything with ext cords and usb hubs. Its almost everything but a desktop lol. Yes my roomate thinks im crazy with all the antennas and usb dongles laying around. He auto connected to the pineapple the other day and freaked out about the internet not working and I look and he was connected. I let him freak out for a bit hehehehe.

Edited by b0N3z

Update to this thread this case is short by 2 inches for me sadly with my 90 degree angle USB connected the case lid won't close :B

Update to this thread this case is short by 2 inches for me sadly with my 90 degree angle USB connected the case lid won't close :B

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sad but true, the case I think needs to be at least 7-8 inches from top to bottom to fit the NANO and a 90 degree angle stub otherwise if it has a flap it possibly isn't gonna close over the 90 degree stub my fault for not at least measuring with the 90 degree angle stub to the bottom of the NANO so I was off by about 2 inches since the case is only 12cm from top to bottom.

If you take a look at my case it has a clip latch that adjustable. I have another that is velcro and it didnt quite meet my expectations so I grabbed the one that you see in the pictures above. It has allowed me to add the 180 usb adapter and a stubby wifi dongle if thats what I want to do. I want to say its a tactical iphone 6 case. After some slicing and dicing on it, it has proved to worked very well in every situation ive encountered.

• 7 months later...