Can't SSH from DDWRT router to Nano

Fallen Archangel

I've been having some trouble with my router lately. I'm trying to get everything set up for autossh.

If I'm logged in to my router and try to connect to my device, I get this error:

20aeceb03dc3c6afb2c06783c2fc3d42.png
(192.168.1.176 is the Nano)

However, if I'm on my Nano and try connecting to my router, it works perfectly. So it's like a one way connection.
Both devices have all the proper keys added, so no passwords are needed. My router is using SSH-2.0 Dropbear 2014.63, and the pineapple of course uses SSH-2.0 OpenSSH 6.8. The firmware of the router is DD-WRT-v24 sp2 std

P.S. I posted the question here as I don't think it's anything pineapple-specific. Feel free to move it if needed.

Edited by Fallen Archangel

My first guess is that the use of MD5 is deprecated pretty much everywhere by now. Chances are the Nano is rejecting the attempt due to insufficiently strong crypto. Look in the Nano logs for hints to that effect and maybe (re)start ssh there with more debugging enabled.

My first guess is that the use of MD5 is deprecated pretty much everywhere by now. Chances are the Nano is rejecting the attempt due to insufficiently strong crypto. Look in the Nano logs for hints to that effect and maybe (re)start ssh there with more debugging enabled.

I've had it working with these same devices before, but that was many hard resets ago so I don't remember how I did it.

And dropbear doesn't support anyrhing like verbose mode. It doesn't support -o StrictHostKeyVerification=no either, so I can't use that as a test.

It does support dbclient -y -y, which is much the same. But I still get the same error this way.

QFE

I have experience identical problem with DDWRT. can I ask you to confirm the problem with a separate tools/services.. ftp, http, netcat, can the machines establish a connection with out worrying about encryption keys.

you say its a one way street. I have seen this with ddwrt via wifi connections... a machine connected to ddwrt by eth0 is accessible but not machines connected over wifi.

Its also in my situation a random occurrence...