Wardriving Equipment - What to use for control of Pi?

0phoi5

Hi all,

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 with an Alfa AWUS036H with 7dBi directional antenna set up in a vehicle.

I'm wondering what the best method of controlling the Pi in a (not very roomy) vehicle would be?

I've considered;

What would you go for and why?

Edited by haze1434

they are watching this bro...

Why? Wardriving isn't illegal. Connecting to unauthorized access points is illegal.

Back when wardriving was new, I used an old Toughbook running various flavors of linux. Left it sitting in the passenger seat, threw the Garmin on the dash, and the antenna was velcroed to the oh shit handle in the back passenger seat.

PICT0004%2B%25281%2529.JPG

So really any of your ideas will work.

I have my PI2 setup with 2 wifi adapters, a snubby that connects to my phones AP (for ssh) and an ALFA awus036neh for kismet and a Globsat 353S4 for the gps. Ive setup the pi with shellscripts so that I can find the ip on my phone and ssh into it and run the shellscrips. very easy and effective if all you want to do is Kismet. Other than that ive been working on a second pi zero that is powered off the pi2 with 2 usb dongles for the same thing but use with aircrack and wifite. My setup isnt totally done and im still working kinks out. But the phone method works great.

If you want to know about any config files or how to get anything working let me know. Also my Kismet config is setup to capture handshakes as well

they are watching this bro...

Wardriving is legal. Cracking WiFi is illegal, which is not what I'll be doing, so sa'll good.

what ever you end up doing, just don't be messing around with this thing when your driving #distracteddriving

I won't, don't worry. I just need a way to access the Pi at the side of the road if anything goes wrong/to monitor it. Don't want to have to keep going home to see data.

I have hostapd running on my pi... 2 alfa cards, one for hostapd and another in monitor mode.

depending on the power consumption of these devices, may require a powered usb hub.

ssh root@kalipi

With my android phone I can accomplish alot threw ssh

Install hacker key board on your android, tab completion works over ssh for quicker execution

Edited by i8igmac

I have hostapd running on my pi... 2 alfa cards, one for hostapd and another in monitor mode.

depending on the power consumption of these devices, may require a powered usb hub.

ssh root@kalipi

With my android phone I can accomplish alot threw ssh

Install hacker key board on your android, tab completion works over ssh for quicker execution

Awesome keyboard for shells, but that's the only time I can use it. Too cluttered for everyday use.