How to get imei and model infos from devices only white usb?

red-4you

Hello ,

My question is already in the topic title .

I work on a project where I need to extract the information of smartphones (android, ios , windows phone ) connected via USB cable, without user intervention. I need to get (the model, IMEI number, ...).

So i need to get imei and model info whitout activation debugging mode on android, or activate debug mode only white cmd. I'm open to any solution hardware or software.

I'm already get all information white adb for android but I have to activate dubugging mode manuely.

I have other questions how tinyumbrella get all information from appel product ?

I can use USB Rubber Ducky?

tkx

How about looking on the device itself? Every phone has the IMEI on it somewhere. Sometimes under the battery, sometimes on the outside. I have even seen some with a pull ribbon.

For Apple. Just plug the iPhone/iPod/iPad into a computer that DOES NOT have itunes installed. Should show up in "My Computer" and you can right click and select "Properties" it it will show you the SN and iOS version.

How about looking on the device itself? Every phone has the IMEI on it somewhere. Sometimes under the battery, sometimes on the outside. I have even seen some with a pull ribbon.

For Apple. Just plug the iPhone/iPod/iPad into a computer that DOES NOT have itunes installed. Should show up in "My Computer" and you can right click and select "Properties" it it will show you the SN and iOS version.

thankx for your quick answer.

about looking on the device itself! is not possible in all devices. so i need to get infos white usb connections.

for apples products,it means that possible to capture the USB frame that contains the device information ??

It is pretty rare now a days that it isn't printed on the phone. Apple devices used to not print them on the case, but they would print them on the SIM tray. Android phones should have it either on the exterior, under the battery, or somewhere. I almost want to say it's required.

I suppose you can plug it into a linux machine and try various probes to get that information. Use dmesg and see what you come up with.

It is pretty rare now a days that it isn't printed on the phone. Apple devices used to not print them on the case, but they would print them on the SIM tray. Android phones should have it either on the exterior, under the battery, or somewhere. I almost want to say it's required.

I suppose you can plug it into a linux machine and try various probes to get that information. Use dmesg and see what you come up with.

My 6P had it on a sticker on the back, which I removed. Same with my At$t Note5.

It's been my experience that Android will set its USB port to be non-data unless you open the phone up and tell it otherwise (Nexus 5X).

It's been my experience that Android will set its USB port to be non-data unless you open the phone up and tell it otherwise (Nexus 5X).

tkx cooper, so without debugging mode, it's impossible right!

how about, windows phones you have any information?

• 4 weeks later...

*#06# is the command for imei numbers. And if u take the battery out of phone (if you can) then it normaly has a sticker on it with all the relevant info for that device. 

I mgjt ight have not read the full question but that's how I bring up a imei number. 

If it's mobile phone forensics your involved with then I would say pay the money for the kit and software same as police use as it's also available to the public believe it or not

• 6 years later...
On 4/10/2016 at 3:04 AM, Mr-Protocol said:

Hello, I know this is an old forum but I was looking to do something similar as the OP. I need to find the IMEI of my iphone but I do not have access to it's home screen so unfortunately I'm working with a paper weight currently. Is going to my computer without itunes installed a workable option to find the IMEI as well as the SN? Thanks for any help!

Hello OP! How did you use the libimobiledevice software to find the IMEI of the IOS device? Thanks for any help!

On 4/25/2016 at 9:25 AM, red-4you said:

Perfect vector, exactly what I want. now I have a solution for IOS. I need the similar software on android and windows phones.

Archived