New Project open source land warrior pentesting platform

Guest desarmy

Guest desarmy

If you look at all of his videos it seems to be just a camera that can stream what the shooter sees. Also, it's definitely not a rifle. It's airsoft.

So far...

gonna be adding $1000 worth of sensors to it

Edited by desarmy

Guest desarmy

To show whats possible. Almost all of the components are from Amazon!

Im trying to replicate the land warrior program

I added pentesting capabilities as an afterthought

I had to add the wifi pineapple to give it its own network for better streaming

Hopefully i will be presenting this at Bsides vegas

I have no degree and no certifications either

I would be combining the gun with this

https://github.com/matt-desmarais/PineappleKaliPi

Edited by desarmy

ISIS? Daesh

FTFY

To show whats possible. Almost all of the components are from Amazon!

Im trying to replicate the land warrior program

I added pentesting capabilities as an afterthought

I had to add the wifi pineapple to give it its own network for better streaming

Hopefully i will be presenting this at Bsides vegas

I have no degree and no certifications either

I would be combining the gun with this

https://github.com/matt-desmarais/PineappleKaliPi

I'm betting you're one of those milspec airsoft guys based on the bold text above. No offense, but that already puts you at the bottom of my list. I don't want to discourage you in what I'm about to say because it is intended to give you things to think about to better your project, so hear me out.

1. Adding pentesting capabilities as an afterthought should tell you there are few, if any, real world applications for something like this.

2. It seems to me all you're doing is adding a camera to a "rifle" and doing so with a bunch of unnecessary components. Have you considered looking into using small components that would normally be used on a quadcopter? Such as this transmitter and a FatShark CMOS camera? Right now you are just using an airsoft toy but if you were to apply this to an actual AR-15 that most likely has a forward grip, rail system, and an assortment of gear queer goodies it's going to become a problem. I know this because I spent 10 months in Afghanistan with a rifle strapped to me ~100% of the time and less is definitely more (except when it comes to ammo :tongue:). If you end up using the lighter components you could probably find a way to get that stream into your computer for recording. I'm not sure if anyone has done this yet but if they haven't, and you get it to work, then we'll be much more impressed by your statement of not having a degree or certifications. In our world the only thing that matters is results, regardless of credentials.

3. Have you thought about how you could use this as a pentesting platform? Because to me it still makes zero sense. Maybe you could give us some examples of what you've come up with.

Again, I don't mean to discourage you or put down your project. Definitely continue it because even if it doesn't become something big it will give you the experience that may one day be the foundation for a groundbreaking idea.

Edit:

BTW, I really like your glasses. Are they Google Glass? They seem to take really good video.

Edited by sud0nick

Guest desarmy

I eat the hardcore airsoft guys for lunch...

I troll them all day...

it is google glass im using RaspberryPi Camera Viewer app to stream

im looking for people to meet up with at Defcon

If i get funded by DARPA it will all be super small

OSSR is an acronym for Open source smart rifle

and also named after my great uncle from the oss

Edited by desarmy

I've seen images from at least a decade ago already where the military were introducing their "Smart soldier". The soldier would be able to pull down a small display attached to his helmet, which was wired to the scope on his rifle. This allowed him to put only his gun around a corner, assess the situation and act on it while remaining cover behind a wall or whatever. I saw a demo on TV for that, but it might just have been non-functional at that time simply to show how they expect to use it.