newbi3

Im sure your already aware of this but when I have my Tetra plugged into my router (RJ45) and go to the IP and activate EP it won't show anything but as soon as i plug the Tetra into my PC it shows up right away.  Why would it matter what IP im running off of?

Im using EP 2.9 beta.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Josh, I've got an enhancement request for when you find the time.  I would like an option to not have to type in a portal name when deleting it.  Since I clone them a lot it's quite frustrating every time I have to delete something after a test.  I see it as a necessary feature for some people, especially if they build their own portals manually, but I think giving the user a choice in how they manage their portals is a good idea.

I know you're busy, as am I (I haven't been able to work on my modules in what seems like an eternity) but please keep this in mind when you get a chance to further develop this module.  Thanks.

On 3/3/2017 at 2:36 PM, b0N3z said:

Im sure your already aware of this but when I have my Tetra plugged into my router (RJ45) and go to the IP and activate EP it won't show anything but as soon as i plug the Tetra into my PC it shows up right away.  Why would it matter what IP im running off of?

Im using EP 2.9 beta.

Is it not showing up in the live preview window or not showing up at http://172.16.42.1/?

2 hours ago, sud0nick said:

Hey Josh, I've got an enhancement request for when you find the time.  I would like an option to not have to type in a portal name when deleting it.  Since I clone them a lot it's quite frustrating every time I have to delete something after a test.  I see it as a necessary feature for some people, especially if they build their own portals manually, but I think giving the user a choice in how they manage their portals is a good idea.

I know you're busy, as am I (I haven't been able to work on my modules in what seems like an eternity) but please keep this in mind when you get a chance to further develop this module.  Thanks.

I'll keep it in mind for a 3.x release. I'm not sure if it will make it in 3.0 since I'm just wanting to get it out the door and adding more features is going to delay it more and its been delayed long enough at this point.

1 minute ago, newbi3 said:

Is it not showing up in the live preview window or not showing up at http://172.16.42.1/?

Sry, after playing with it for a while it works fine, I must have done something.

Hello,

I've been having issues when attempting to clone my portal to Evil Portal from Portal Auth.  This is the developer console output of Evil Portal before after a fresh boot with no attempts at cloning anything.  Simply just by clicking on the module.  I've tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail.  I'm running it on a 32gb sd class 10 card.  Any help is appreciated.

Chrome with  57.0.2987.110 (64-bit)

GET http://172.16.42.1:1471/modules/EvilPortal/js/module.js?_=1490563844656 404 (Not Found)
send @ jquery.min.js:4
ajax @ jquery.min.js:4
n.(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:4
getScript @ jquery.min.js:4
pineapple.routeProvider.when.resolve.jsLoader @ pineapple.js:24
e @ angular.min.js:39
(anonymous) @ angular-route.min.js:11
n @ angular.min.js:8
(anonymous) @ angular-route.min.js:11
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:118
$eval @ angular.min.js:132
$digest @ angular.min.js:129
$apply @ angular.min.js:133
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:104
dispatch @ jquery.min.js:

@newbi3 would be great if you could implement an "offline mode" for evilportal2.1 if its possible.

The way I understand the issue of "offline mode" is the clients browser needs to resolve a dns query before it can request http. So if no dns then the http redirection to the captive portal cant happen.

Maybe there is a way to achieve it using a DNS blackhole, DNS spoof or fakedns server - I really don’t know tho.

It may not work directly for the pineapple but @kbeflo found a nice write up based on pfsense. https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Creating_a_DNS_Black_Hole_for_Captive_Portal_Clients#Create_the_configuration_file EDIT - this doesn’t work with pineapple as it is but suggests its something that’s possible.

I found a small python DNS responder (see attached) but cant seem to find a way to either temporarily switch dnsmasq to fakedns or run them side by side and divert traffic to different ports.

Any input, points I’ve missed  or explanation of why this isn’t possible would be appreciated.

Either way huge thank you for the module and work.

fakedns.py

EDIT - apparently the built in DNSmasq on the pineapple can be used to do this! I should have thought/tried that first.

• 2 weeks later...

you should get that message if your not 172.16.42.42.  for clients to be authorized you have to give them access in the EP module under the Authorized Clients tab

On 4/14/2017 at 11:15 PM, MRWOP3 said:

Enable PineAP Daemon on Pineap menu

Did that.  Still got the 403s.  However, I think I must've been impatient as my portal that I created would show up after some time.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the 2.9 (3.0) development version.   Love it. 

The targeted portal seems really cool. 

By default does it capture credentials?  I'll have to take a peek at the default.php and see what's happening since I'll be copying that for the default of my target rules. 

+10 to this module. Really a lot of hard work and effort. You developers of these things amaze me. I'm taking a beginning fundamentals of programming and trying python. Mad props to you people. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've updated this thread so I thought I might as well jump in and let everyone know whats going.

My schedule has cleared up a bit since its now summer here which means I actually have time to put into Pineapple things with my primary focus being Evil Portal.

About 2 weeks ago I picked up working on the next version of Evil Portal and realized how much of a mess the code was. I'm honestly embarrassed to host the current version on github (I guess this is how every developer feels when looking back at their code years later). Because of this, I have decided to start a complete refactor of the application to make the code pretty and most importantly re-usable. I have left the "development" branch up containing all of the work up to where I left of developing the next version, so if you want to check out the next gen features feel free to pull that branch. All of the refactoring is currently happening in the "Nightly" branch so if you want to help test for bugs in my refactoring please pull that. If you do happen to find bugs please submit an issue on the github repo as I am far more likely to see it there and respond.

Currently I finished up the Controls, Messages, and Library section of the Web UI in the refactor so if you want to help test, begin there!

Here are links to the things:

Refactor Branch: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano/tree/nightly

Old 2.9 Branch: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano/tree/development

Issues: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano/issues

Hi @newbi3,

I've been looking at the iptables rules to create a captive portal. Because the PineAP runs OpenWrt, there are some predefined rules that interfere with yours. So I've written a script that creates the iptables rules.

https://pastebin.com/zZhzqf91

./portal.sh init -> will initialise the captive portal

./portal.sh purge -> remove all the rules, but keep OpenWrt ones

./portal.sh add/remove IP -> authorise a user

HTTP (80) is successfully redirected to port 80 on the PineAP. HTTPS (443) is dropped and DNS is accepted (you can also redirect locally). I can't find a way to have HTTPS redirections to work without a certificate error or a protocol error if you redirect to port 80.

Hope it helps :)

:ph34r:

(I fixed SSH and PineAP manager address, now it works)

41 minutes ago, oXis said:

Hi @newbi3,

I've been looking at the iptables rules to create a captive portal. Because the PineAP runs OpenWrt, there are some predefined rules that interfere with yours. So I've written a script that creates the iptables rules.

https://pastebin.com/zZhzqf91

./portal.sh init -> will initialise the captive portal

./portal.sh purge -> remove all the rules, but keep OpenWrt ones

./portal.sh add/remove IP -> authorise a user

HTTP (80) is successfully redirected to port 80 on the PineAP. HTTPS (443) is dropped and DNS is accepted (you can also redirect locally). I can't find a way to have HTTPS redirections works without a certificate error or a protocol error if you redirect to port 80.

Hope it helps :)

:ph34r:

(I fixed SSH and PineAP manager address, now it works)

That saves me a ton of time! I noticed you are allowing and denying clients based on mac-address. From what I remember when moving away from NoDogSplash this required a kmod to be installed which wasn't compiled for the pineapples architectures at the time. Have you been able to get this to run on the pineapple?

1 minute ago, newbi3 said:

That saves me a ton of time! I noticed you are allowing and denying clients based on mac-address. From what I remember when moving away from NoDogSplash this required a kmod to be installed which wasn't compiled for the pineapples architectures at the time. Have you been able to get this to run on the pineapple?

It works on my Nano, so I bet it's in the kernel now. Take the last version, I've changed something (HTTP input ACCEPT)

• 2 weeks later...

So Whats the chances of getting EP to post Landing Page Brower Stats on the Dashboard like the landing page does?

On 6/14/2017 at 6:06 PM, b0N3z said:

So Whats the chances of getting EP to post Landing Page Brower Stats on the Dashboard like the landing page does?

I like that idea. I'll see what I can make happen.

you can change the where the portal is stored in the module itself,  it will say move to sd or move to internal

• 1 month later...

hi all,

I have cloned a few webpages using port auth and it's stored in sd because Nano doesnt have enuff space for that.

So i tried to create a symlink ln -s /root/portals /sd/portals

but operations not permitted.

is there a way for evil portal to find those cloned webpages in sd instead of root?

thanks sir

3 hours ago, sudovader said:

it's stored in sd because Nano doesnt have enuff space for that.

Hi,

You should have a folder /sd/portals, the symlink is from /root/portals to /sd/portals (ln -s TARGET LINK), so the command is 

ln -s /sd/portals /root/portals

Hope it helps

Any updates?

After my Pineapple collecting a few months of dust, I decided to fire it up today. I'm running the non-beta available in the package manager. For whatever reason, Ep couldn't see any of my portals. Not sure if the Symlink disappeared. Anyway, was going to just uninstall, and reinstall. What should I reinstall? Is the beta running OK? Any ETA on 3.0?

Archived