[Official] Dwall

MikesTooLz

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just tried Dwall on my nano using v1.2. For me it wouldn't do anything from the GUI at all.

I was  getting  /pineapple/modules/DWall/assets/http_sniffer: can't load library 'libpcap.so.1.3'

the module created the libpcap link so not sure what was going on.

To fix it i deleted the link and remade it.

To delete

rm  /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.3

To re-add

ln -s /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.3

Maybe this helps others. Maybe not :)

11 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Just tried Dwall on my nano using v1.2. For me it wouldn't do anything from the GUI at all.

I was  getting  /pineapple/modules/DWall/assets/http_sniffer: can't load library 'libpcap.so.1.3'

the module created the libpcap link so not sure what was going on.

To fix it i deleted the link and remade it.

To delete

rm  /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.3

To re-add

ln -s /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.3

Maybe this helps others. Maybe not :)

The issue is that sub 2.0.0 firmwares have a different libpcap filename. 

I don't usually support older firmware versions, but I can quickly roll that fix in. 

15 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Oh wait, that's odd. I'll look at it when I get back from my holiday. 

Forget it, i think its something thats happening with the upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.0.2. If I use a 2..0.2 factory flash file it works well. If I use the 1.1.3 and upgrade I seem to get issues again, especially if i update libpcap manually on 1.1.3.

Best to do a firmware recovery using the latest factory firmware rather than upgrade from old version I think.

As you were, and enjoy the break!

6 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Forget it, i think its something thats happening with the upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.0.2. If I use a 2..0.2 factory flash file it works well. If I use the 1.1.3 and upgrade I seem to get issues again, especially if i update libpcap manually on 1.1.3.

Best to do a firmware recovery using the latest factory firmware rather than upgrade from old version I think.

As you were, and enjoy the break!

Firmware upgrades completely wipe out your system, so this should not be the case. I'll take a look. 

• 4 months later...

My observation:

I have installed dwall > tested > works

I have installed papers > built a TLS/SSL certificate, applied to secure the connection > reboot > dwall no longer works and I think sslsplit as well

I have removed the TLS/SSL cert and returned back to http > dwall works again.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I just got started with a new Pineapple Tetra and DWall and I can't monitor any traffic

• I'm using Pineapple V 2.2.0 and DWall V 1.2
  • I Connect to Tetra's Open SSID via my phone, and also browse the internet
  • I can Enable and "Start Listening" DWall, but no traffic (URLS, Cookies or Data) is monitored

Any suggestions to what could course this problem?

You are visiting HTTP and not HTTPS websites correct? If that's a problem, you can install I think its the SSLStrip module and force HTTP

41 minutes ago, plaul said:

Yes, I have set up a simple "meant to be hacked" server, which deliberately is using HTTP and not HTTPS.

maybe try urlsnarf to see if that grabs the http url, at least if that fails or not if gives you a direction to investigate.

On 7/17/2018 at 6:41 PM, plaul said:

Hi All

I just got started with a new Pineapple Tetra and DWall and I can't monitor any traffic

• I can Enable and "Start Listening" DWall, but no traffic (URLS, Cookies or Data) is monitored

On 7/17/2018 at 6:41 PM, plaul said:

Hi All

I have set u my test-server on a non-standard (not 80) port, which seems to be the problem. When I changed this into port 80, everything worked as expected

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all:

After a lot of pain with this (AND OTHER) module(s), I finally figured out my problem.

I have an aggressive iptables setup on my laptop, but allow ports 1471, 22.

BUT al lot of modules on the Pineapple GUI use websockets, on all sorts of different ports.

Once I allowed ALL on dev encxyz on my laptop, of course all the web content sprang into life....

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

I bought the TETRA today but I don't know how to start the DWALL modul.

Situation:

Fresh installation. Start DWALL, Start Listening -> Listening

Then... Restart. Same again, but:

Start DWALL, Start Listening Pineapple... Nothing (Same Button, Start Listening). I can see that port 9999 is running on the system but that's all.

NOW the funny stuff: If I start SSLSplit and DWall can start listening...

Any Ideas?

Regs, 

ST

• 9 months later...

Firmware 2.6.0 Nano

"DWall is currently not running."

I click in ENABLE and nothing happens... I remove , I install, rm libcap,blab blab bla...
No way to make it works...

I am really disapointed with pinapple nano, most of modules has problems even installing dependencies...

19 hours ago, Anom said:

Firmware 2.6.0 Nano

"DWall is currently not running."

I click in ENABLE and nothing happens... I remove , I install, rm libcap,blab blab bla...
No way to make it works...

I am really disapointed with pinapple nano, most of modules has problems even installing dependencies...

Did you have the module installed before upgrading to 2.6.0 ? 

If so you need to uninstall the module and reinstall now that you are one 2.6.0.  This has been reported by other users.

Most modules should work if the above is true.  It is due major updates in the 2.6.0 firmware that required updates on modules as well.  

More info on this here:

On 11/21/2018 at 4:51 PM, Warlord said:

Dear all,

I bought the TETRA today but I don't know how to start the DWALL modul.

Situation:

Fresh installation. Start DWALL, Start Listening -> Listening

Then... Restart. Same again, but:

Start DWALL, Start Listening Pineapple... Nothing (Same Button, Start Listening). I can see that port 9999 is running on the system but that's all.

NOW the funny stuff: If I start SSLSplit and DWall can start listening...

Any Ideas?

Regs, 

ST

From what I’ve read here on the forum, SSLSplit’s firewall changes don’t revert onced stopped.

17 hours ago, swapsakker said:

I also have just got my Tetra and upgraded to 2.6 and installed, uninstalled and installed the Dwall. When i after the install go to the module, there is an "enable" button, but when i press it, nothing happens.

From what I last read, the module is broken because the two week old update tweaked the kernal (correct vocabulary?). I suggest downgrading to the previous (2.5.x) firmware. Most of the modules work great and will work well enough for you to start fiddling about.

My experience is after an update, broken modules usually get fixed within a month. Remember/note, the modules are built by the community. Sometimes, and rightfully so, life takes precedence.

5 hours ago, Forkish said:

From what I last read, the module is broken because the two week old update tweaked the kernal (correct vocabulary?). I suggest downgrading to the previous (2.5.x) firmware. Most of the modules work great and will work well enough for you to start fiddling about.

My experience is after an update, broken modules usually get fixed within a month. Remember/note, the modules are built by the community. Sometimes, and rightfully so, life takes precedence.

How to do that? Connect by ssh and then?

11 minutes ago, Anom said:

How to do that? Connect by ssh and then?

I just did it.

1. Firmware Recovery (loads firmware 2.4.1)
  2. Manual update to version 2.5.4

Factory recovery info here: https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery  Be sure to download the correct factory recovery firmware.

Then do this for manual update to 2.5.4  https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360025819673-Manual-Firmware-Installation

•  

Archived