[Official] Dwall

MikesTooLz

43 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

DWall is kept ephemeral by design. I'll consider adding actually useful and persistent functionality.

It was a small afternoon project, but I might flesh it out and build it into a future pineapple version. 

Hi Sebkhine, your Dwall module is cool and it works fine. Some minor changes and it will be perfect, especially the log file.

PS: Have you got an answer to my question about the cookies? Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I'm a very beginner and not even english mother tongue, I had to tell you.

My question is pretty simple:

What is the way to set a DWall Auto start listening at system boot.

Obviously, I'am asking that I would start sniffing after boot.

Hope am not out of topic.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2016 at 10:27 AM, Sebkinne said:

DWall right now sniffs all HTTP requests of connected clients.

In the future, it will also sniff on a monitor interface, but not yet.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Do you plan on having it sniff on any website? If so, I hope you can work on it soon.

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Good to hear that it is working for you guys. 

I'm the odd man out :(. 

It works for me when I'm using usb tethering but it doesn't work with the wifi adapter. 

Have you guys tested the same with wifi adapter? 

SSL split and other modules seems to be working for me and have issue with only this. 

• 1 month later...

try to uninstall the module and reinstall and see that helps, otherwise you might want to do a factory reset.  I just used DWALL yesterday on my nano and tetra and it worked just fine.

4 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

try to uninstall the module and reinstall and see that helps, otherwise you might want to do a factory reset.  I just used DWALL yesterday on my nano and tetra and it worked just fine.

I tried that. I did a factory reset. Firmware Recovery. Uninstalled and ReInstalled DWall and Re-Flashed the pineapple both my nano and tetra.

Today i tested my nano and seems to be working kinda at the moment. However the tetra is still not working and i cant get passed the animating pineapple gif when clicking "start listening".

On my nano all of a sudden i was able to get passed this and i was able to somewhat use the module. My tetra still seems stuck.

UPDATE

Just quick update, after preforming all the relevent update, upgrades, flashes , reflashes, firmware recovery and (even turning it on and off) it still wouldn't work on my desktop running the latest Kali Linux. However i have had some success (for whatever reason) trying it on my laptop - also running the latest kali linux and everything seems to work and load correctly but i am still not seeing any pictures like i used to. I get the URL's etc but no images

6 hours ago, SystemCrash86 said:

UPDATE

Just quick update, after preforming all the relevent update, upgrades, flashes , reflashes, firmware recovery and (even turning it on and off) it still wouldn't work on my desktop running the latest Kali Linux. However i have had some success (for whatever reason) trying it on my laptop - also running the latest kali linux and everything seems to work and load correctly but i am still not seeing any pictures like i used to. I get the URL's etc but no images

Images require an internet connection to work as they are loaded by your system. If your laptop doesn't have internet (routing issues maybe) images won't show.

20 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Images require an internet connection to work as they are loaded by your system. If your laptop doesn't have internet (routing issues maybe) images won't show.

Hi Seb,

Thanks for the feedback. I am familiar somewhat with how DWall works and have used the tool many times with great results. But my issue was for some reason it was working when i booted my pineapple up and it got stuck on the animated loading pineapple gif and would stick there indefinitely despite not changing anything at all and would still persit even after several reboots, re-flashes and even a few factory resets and a few firmware recoveries and i narrowed it down to my desktop because every other computer i tried seems to work and i did get some not alot but some images. So why it suddenly wouldn't work on my desktop its a complete mystery.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a very curious problem being that DWall will not work on my kali linux desktop. However it works on my two laptops running kali and a live verson of kali booted from usb onto my desktop.

But i have installed kali on my desktop and for some reason it will only not work on my desktop even with addons disabled. No idea why because i have the same kali linux on my other machines with no issue.

On my desktop when running DWall i get the loading pineapple gif and that's it. In firefox i use the Browser console by going to Tools, Web Developer, Browser Console and i get the following information:

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at ws://172.16.42.1:9999/.  jquery.min.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:36:20
Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at ws://172.16.42.1:9999/.  jquery.min.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:36:20

and i see this information repeated over and over.

Why can't i get a connection even though i am connected to the Internet and am able to load bulletins, check for updates, download and use modules. I am using the same set up as my laptop and it works but plug the pineapple into my desktop running the same OS and having full internet connectivity i get this error.

Could anyone please help with the very very confusing issue?

UPDATE

I have finally narrowed it down i think. When using the Tetra on my Desktop running all the latest updates both in Kali and on the pineapple i was able to use all modules except one - DWall.

This issue was really troubling me until i bought the "Hak5 Field Kit - Pocket Guide: Essentials Of Operation" from the Hak5Shop. In it it said clearing your browsers cache can remove some of the issues. I never thought of this because i never had any issues at all with all my other computers.

So i cleared the cache on my desktop and ran the DWall module and it worked. The only problem now is if i want to run that module i have to clear the cache every single time i want to use DWall.

Why do i need to do it every time? Is there something i am missing because i really don't want to do this every time?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

AFAIK not for the module itself. You can use the filters tab of the pineapple GUI to whitelist  who can connect to the pineapple, Then if you connect to the tetra via its LAN port eth0 your own traffic wont be included in the dwall output as its not then passing through br-lan.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Dwall works two ways for me.  The first is it records the URL, cookies, etc., but Dwall does not allow for the client computer to connect through the pineapple to receive any of the requested information from the site.  The other is thing that happens, is the browser receives the search request, but fails to log in the information of this request in Dwall.  For me, I can not get the URL of the client browser to be logged in Dwall, while permitting the client computer the acces to the URL it requested.

Is this just the way Dwall functions?  Or do I have an issue?

Please Advise.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, denningsrogue said:

Hi all,

I can't seem to enable  dwall.  I've installed and reinstalled the module but when I click the "enable" button nothing happens.  Any suggestions appreciated.  I am using 2.0 of the firmware.

Have you updated to 2.0.1?  There was a small bug with 2.0

I'm actually having the same problem on my nano. Haven't messed with my tetra much since the update 

2 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Have you updated to 2.0.1?  There was a small bug with 2.0

I'm actually having the same problem on my nano. Haven't messed with my tetra much since the update 

The issue is most likely to do with the updated libpcap in the recent 2.0 release. The module will have to be updated to work (if that is the case).

Archived