pineaple nano and iphone

jm0202

OK thanks @Sebkinne it is possible to manage the pineaple from a iphone device? i see there is a connector app for android... is there a connection app for iphone?

Set it up with your laptop or desktop first. After that you can connect to the secure wireless you set up before. All the connector app does for android is set up wired tethering and points the browser to the ip address of the pineapple.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi @TheD1ckster !

Probably you figured it already out. But maybe others are looking how to set this up...

1. Enable Wifi Tethering on your iPhone (Settings ==> Personal Hotspot)
  2. Connect your WifiPineapple to your computer and navigate to 172.16.42.1:1471
  3. Go to the "Networking" tab
  4. Choose the interface you want to use at "WiFi Client mode" and press "scan"
  5. From list opened choose you iPhone Wifi and enter the password of it
  6. After it connected the webpage shows you the IP the WifiPineapple received from your iPhone 
  7. Access the WifiPineapple from your iPhone via the IP address from step 6 and add ":1471" at the end: IP:1471
  8. Bookmark the site
  9. Now you can shutdown the Wifi Pineapple and disconnect it from the computer
  10. Start the WifiPineapple

It should now automatically connect to your iPhone Hotspot and you access it using the bookmark of step 8.

On 3.3.2016 at 4:21 AM, barry99705 said:

Set it up with your laptop or desktop first. After that you can connect to the secure wireless you set up before. All the connector app does for android is set up wired tethering and points the browser to the ip address of the pineapple.

This will probably not work, because as far as I know the tethering will not work if the iPhone is connected to an Wifi. 

iPhone works fine via wifi-tethering.
I've tried getting usb-tether to work, but i gave up after an hour of failing.
Perhaps i'll make another attempt later. I know it would be useful, and i know openwrt supports usb-tethering on the iPhone.

@zylla, even though I find it interesting getting USB tethering to work with the iPhone, I wonder what would be the advantage in comparison to the wifi-tethering? I like the possibility to deploy the NANO at position A and control it from position B, which is not so obviously during operation...

On 11.3.2017 at 10:39 PM, GermanNoob said:

@zylla, even though I find it interesting getting USB tethering to work with the iPhone, I wonder what would be the advantage in comparison to the wifi-tethering? I like the possibility to deploy the NANO at position A and control it from position B, which is not so obviously during operation...

It would depend on the situation i think.
For instance; when walking around doing a pentest, and you're trying to cover a big area.
You would also free one of the radios which gets locked in station mode when connected to your iPhone over wifi.

Also, when Android can do it and iPhone cannot, i get a weird anxiety like feeling in my stomach. Which would probably go away if i made it work, lol. :)

6 hours ago, Zylla said:

For instance; when walking around doing a pentest, and you're trying to cover a big area.
You would also free one of the radios which gets locked in station mode when connected to your iPhone over wifi.

Well, for me its not that problem as I use an additional usb wifi adapter for the iPhone connection. So I'm using the USB port which would otherwise be used for cable connection...

Nevertheless, you are right: It is anxiety to have this feature only in android... :wink:

You would have to connect in client mode and then you would be able to use the features. I bought the battery juice pack and it helps having this so that you don't have to screw around with plugging into an actual power source and it is portable.

• 2 months later...