MK4 Infusions

kerravon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/9/2016 at 5:21 AM, Sierra Juliet said:

# symlink: This will create a symbol link between your Pineapple and the USB drive for storing/transferring/referencing data.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
type this in terminal: ln -s /usb/infusions/ /pineapple/infusions/usbInfusions
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can verify the symbolic linking was successful by using SSH Terminal to view "cd /usb/infusions/" and "cd /pineapple/infusions/".  The file labelled "Infusions" will be in the first directory and the file labelled "usbInfusions" will be in the second directory and both will be ~bluish in color.  

To finish, SSH Terminal type:  "reboot

What file labeled "Infusions" will be in "/usb/infusions/"?  I must have missed a step somewhere.  I do have the "usbInfusions" file in the "/pineapple/infusions" directory, so that part worked. 

On 21/11/2016 at 1:52 AM, azren said:

I've downloaded the infusions for 2.8.1 from https://github.com/WhistleMaster/Pineapple-MK4 but still missing a few more as below. Anyone knows where can I get the following infusions for MK4?

• bartender

• blacklister

• eviljava

• get

• iptools

• randomroll

• reaver

• smser

Thank you.

Best regards,

Azren

I'll send you a download link later today for those.

23 hours ago, Kraethor said:

What file labeled "Infusions" will be in "/usb/infusions/"?  I must have missed a step somewhere.  I do have the "usbInfusions" file in the "/pineapple/infusions" directory, so that part worked. 

I think the infusions file your talking about is actualy a directory not a file.

Edited by kerravon
correcy type0

On 22/11/2016 at 10:24 AM, kerravon said:

I'll send you a download link later today for those.

can you pm me. set up the ftp server yestereday but died lol,

Hi all,
Found a bit of breathing room yesterday and today, so I have put up the pineapple project website which will hold all the MKIV
infusions for you to download, please give me a couple of day to put it together.  I will also put up all the mkIV tutorials I can find.

Contributions to the site are most welcome and infact encouraged, I would like to make it a community built site if thats possible.
The frontpage is up at http://www.pineapple-project.96.lt/

and I hope to have the links for the  2.8.1 and 3.0 infusions up as I said in a couple of days.  Thank you to all you guys for your support
 and Darren and Seb for this wonderful little device.

regrds
kerravon

So far, to install the 2.8.1 infusions, I have put together the following steps from this site.  Obviously, there is more to each step, I am just looking to get a complete list in one place.

This seemed to work for my testing - at least so far for the infusions I have tried.  (I did see space issues, so I may have missed something for installing onto the USB instead of internal) 

Step 1: Factory Reset (At least for me, as who knows what I did to screw it up prior.)

Step 2: Setup a USB drive to contain the infusions and a swap partition

Step 3: Download infusions and place the folders onto the USB drive

Step 4: Configure fstab to utilize the USB drive

Step 5: Edit /pineapple/infusions/moduleList to include the newinfusions

Step 6: Link the infusions directory ( ln -s /usb/infusions/ /pineapple/infusions/usbInfusions)

Step 7: Update opkg.conf to use  http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/mk5/packages

Step 8: Reboot

Step 9: In the Pineapple Bar, Install the new infusions.

Can anyone add to this, at least in general?  As I said, this is a quick list with the details cutout for brevity.  

On 29/11/2016 at 0:06 AM, Kraethor said:

So far, to install the 2.8.1 infusions, I have put together the following steps from this site.  Obviously, there is more to each step, I am just looking to get a complete list in one place.

This seemed to work for my testing - at least so far for the infusions I have tried.  (I did see space issues, so I may have missed something for installing onto the USB instead of internal) 

Step 1: Factory Reset (At least for me, as who knows what I did to screw it up prior.)

Step 2: Setup a USB drive to contain the infusions and a swap partition

Step 3: Download infusions and place the folders onto the USB drive

Step 4: Configure fstab to utilize the USB drive

Step 5: Edit /pineapple/infusions/moduleList to include the newinfusions

Step 6: Link the infusions directory ( ln -s /usb/infusions/ /pineapple/infusions/usbInfusions)

Step 7: Update opkg.conf to use  http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/mk5/packages

Step 8: Reboot

Step 9: In the Pineapple Bar, Install the new infusions.

Can anyone add to this, at least in general?  As I said, this is a quick list with the details cutout for brevity.  

Seems right, if you complete the instruction set you can publish it on the pineapple-project website if you wish.

19 hours ago, biomekanika said:

@kerravon I highly appreciate you doing this - keeping the MK IV alive. Up to this day, it is still a vary capable piece of hardware. You sir, rock.

Can't wait for the 3.0 infusions, and then some. :)

Thanks mate, I like you love the MKIV and with the pineapple project I hope to not only keep it alive but possibly create updates etc.
I will be looking at puting the v3.0 modules on over the weekend, but I have to archive each module individually at the moment before putting them up.  Dont forget if you have any ideas or articles you want to publish , be my guest.

regards
kerravon

• 1 month later...

I have my MKIV running 2.8.1.  I've followed the instuctions in this thread the best I can. (they seem to be all over the place). But alas no joy.

There are many typo's in some of the files presented here. Such as
<b><a href=/usb/infusions/nmap/nmap.php><font color=black>dnsspoof</font></a></b> 

Which I believe should be
<b><a href=/usb/infusions/nmap/nmap.php><font color=black>nmap</font></a></b>

I've noticed that there are some posts that indicate you need to link each module with the install_inf.sh script. When I try that I get directory not found. I looked and there is no /pineapple/components directory.

Could someone put together a step by step instruction set that is guaranteed to work? I realize this is a lot of work for people and appreciate the effort poeple have put out. If someone would put up a way to donate via paypal to maintain a site to save my 2 Pineapples from the dustbin I would be more than happy to put some coinage in the coffer.

Thanks all.

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I would like to install opkgmanager (for example) but I've not been able to make it work so far...

Could someone tell me:

• the actual (from a running system) directory structure on the USB stick,
  • the required symlinks
  • the content of the moduleList and moduleNav files (again, just for opkmanager)

so that I understand the logic?

For example, the /pineapple/components (mentioned a few posts above) does not exist on my fresh 2.8.1 installation...

Thanks in advance!