Factory Reset

wifinigel

Hi, I've followed the FAQ process to factory reset my Tetra (push button for 7 secs / Factory default from GUI), but it refuses to return to factory default. The best I can achieve is a reboot, but all data is still intact.

Is there a CLI method to achieve this?

Thanks

Nigel.

Interesting. You should be able to SSH / Serial into your TETRA and issue the "firstboot" command. You'll need to confirm with a "y" and execute the "reboot" command afterwards, if it doesn't happen automatically.

I'll investigate this issue and see if it's a bug.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I noted slow/no loading of modules the other day, I walked away for a couple hours then attempted again. I began to retry some of the modules and low and behold every thing loaded. I have a sneaking suspicion the whole issue might be related to the problem with the openwrt hosting site.

• 3 years later...

hello can you help me , am trying to reset my tetra because i forgot my initial setup password, when i use cli it still requests the password, how do i do a complete factory reset, and yes have tried holding 7 sec to no success , all it ends up doing is just rebooting.. thanks in advance

On the doc page. https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010555853-Factory-Reset

Factory Reset

Settings may be restored to defaults using the factory reset procedure. This process will restore the device to the initial configuration of the latest installed firmware. Upon performing the factory reset procedure initial setup must be performed, setting the root password and SSID.

To perform a factory reset from a fully booted WiFi Pineapple, hold the RESET button for approximately 7 seconds. The device will then reboot.

Archived