Tetra & Nano Cable/Battery Questions

DigitalData

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received an email with tracking information for a 12V/2A power supply. I'll be excited to get it but I thought there was supposed to be an additional battery too for mobile use...

I got the same email looks like it's just a generic blast, but Sara from the shop had replied to an earlier email I sent prior to that and said it would be the 2a 12v + battery, mine should be here tomorrow

I got the same email looks like it's just a generic blast, but Sara from the shop had replied to an earlier email I sent prior to that and said it would be the 2a 12v + battery, mine should be here tomorrow

Sweet! Thanks for letting me know about that.

Plugged in both USB's to my computer, via 3.0, using the ETH port on the Pine. Starts off with a yellow and blue, then turns off. Upon hitting reset, on the back, idles on blinking blue light. Have had this for 24 hours and haven't had it working yet. Any links to better documentation? Any idea why I cannot connect to the Pine via Http, while the light is flashing blue. P.S: Have left it flashing for quite some time with no change-- as result.

The LED pattern for bootup looks like this:

Yellow solid, no LED for 15 seconds, Blue flashing for ~30 seconds, solid Blue.

If you're supplying enough current it'll go solid - otherwise it may reboot and start the cycle over.

Use both provided cables to power the TETRA from the ETH and UART ports.

Once the blue LED goes solid, it'll be done booting and you can continue setup either over the USB Ethernet port or WiFi (you'll notice an SSID "Pineapple_XXXX" where XXXX == the last two octets of the wlan0 MAC address).

I was able to get both batteries into my tactical pack and they power the TETRA. For some reason it seemed like it didn't boot up as quick on both batteries as it does on my desktop but I played with it for a little bit and everything seemed fine. Here are some pics:

wjPm1KD.jpg

0szes4g.jpg

What 3G modem are you using?

I was able to get both batteries into my tactical pack and they power the TETRA. For some reason it seemed like it didn't boot up as quick on both batteries as it does on my desktop but I played with it for a little bit and everything seemed fine. Here are some pics:

wjPm1KD.jpg

0szes4g.jpg

So how do you get Internet to the Pineapple? What's the thing attached to it in the picture? WiFi card?

Hey WIFiJuice......it looks like the Alpha they sell at the hakshop.

http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/wireless-gear/products/alfa-usb-wifi-awus036neh

Nope. While I do have one of those the one pictured is a Panda PAU06. I think it supports all the same stuff as the Alfa though.

1. Plug in your Alfa
  2. Go to the Networking tab
  3. Under WiFi Client Mode select Wlan2 as your interface
  4. Select the SSID of the AP to which you wish to connect
  5. Enter password if necessary and click Connect

Once you do this the settings will be saved and the Pineapple will automatically connect the next time it's booted as long as you keep the Alfa plugged in while the Pineapple is powered on. That's all there is to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering if you can help me.

I've recently bought both the wifi pineapple tetra standard as well as the field kit.

Upon opening I noticed that it's only supplied with an American plug. As I have the USB to power adapter, am I right in thinking that I could use a standard UK iPad/Samsung plug providing it was 2A.?

Like this e.g

https://www.phoneshouse.co.uk/index.php/official-samsung-fast-charger.html?gclid=CL36qsegoMsCFfAy0wodX7YHow

Sorry if it sounds silly but I know next to nothing about electricals and am terrified of causing damage by doing something stupid.

I've tried using the usb Y cable on my ubuntu build with two usb2 and I've noticed that the box connects and gets assigned an I.P in ifconfig. However the pineapple reboots itself and I can't access 172.16..etc in Firefox. It's strange though as even as the box is rebooting, the IP remains in ifconfig.

To elaborate on what Foxtrot said:

The WiFi Pineapple TETRA requires 18-24W of power to operate. You can either supply this via USB (2x5V2A), or via the 12V barrel connector (12V2A).

The included 12V2A PSU will work fine with a simple pin converter plug (1pound @ poundland).

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hello Hak5,

So I recieved my TETRA and having good fun with it but have a question regarding power the unit with the supplied Pineapple Juice battery pack. So I have connected the USB Y cable to both ports on the Pineapple Juice pack. Doing the math it should be providing 10v @ 15w (if I am correct):

Port 1: 5v - 1A = 5w

Port 2: 5v - 2.1A = 10.5w

So should it not be recieving 10v ~ 15.5w?

However, if I use a USB power adaptor it reads as outputting 5.25v

I'm reluctant to connect this to the TETRA seeing as it isn't outputting the 10v needed. This is more a question of why a juice pack ships with the TETRA Tac Edition.

It works fine if I power it off two USB 3.0 ports into ETH.

Haven't tried the AC Adaptor (mainly because I need to get a travel plug to convert US two pin to UK three pin >.<) but it's the one you kindly shipped after the first batch so thanks :)

So yeah, this is more a "why did the TETRA ship with a juice pack if it doesn't provide enough power?"

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks Hak5!

You aren't going to get more than 5V out that way (just a higher amperage).

The WiFi Pineapple Juice only outputs a total of 2.1A @ 5V though (across both ports, or a single one), which is why we send out two for every tactical bundle.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Cool. So I got the tactical edition and have two juice packs and just want to get the powering right.

So I tried using one USB Y cable across two packs (one end in a 2.1A port and the other in a 1A slot) but this just results in one of the juice packs turning itself off.

Am I assuming that you should have one pack connected to ETH and another to the barrel port?

It's a bit complicated, especailly when you don't want to over power it and are a bit cautious like I am :)

Thanks Seb

Have you even read any of the other forum post. Here's your sign. Most of these questions have been already asked and pictures even provided.we as a community work all together but please do your part of research first :)

Till then hack all the things

Archived