DigitalData

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, 
I apologize for my english but I'm form Spain 
I have the same problem.
The device reboot continuosly. I've read the forum about this kind of issues but the solutions has not worked for me. 
I've tried: 
- With wall power. 
- With battery Anker. 
- With original version Tetra_factory.bin 
- With version 1.0.2. 
- With/Without antennas

The device always reboots in a few minutes. In some case I cannot to connet and I've had to reset with original firmware. 
I attach 2 debug logs of the devices. 
I would like to know if I have a hardware problem.

Burstmode, Have you found the solution?

Thanks for your help

• Whistle Master pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

I've had a similar experience with my Tetra rebooting on battery power.

I got mine fairly recently with a Anker Powercore+ 13400 and a power adapter. I'm happy to see the power adapter was included especially since I've got one that seems to be unstable on the power pack. I really like the Powercore and especially on the fast charge it should provide plenty of power. The cables I'm using should also provide plenty of power because they can fast charge my phone just fine. I'm guessing that the weak link must be on the board and related to it's power management.

I've tried it on the Powercore on it's fast charge and regular us output in combinations with the y-cable and various other usb cables. It reboots after the status light flashes blue for twenty or thirty seconds.

I've just ordered this cable which I hope will work. It looks like it's got the right 5.5x2.1mm jack. If it does work it will have been a cheap enough fix. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075YR45H2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it works I'll be sure to update this thread. So far as I can make out the the Powercore should provide ample power.

What I haven't tried yet: reloading the firmware or using two power packs. I've gone with the cable to test with first because I really just want the single power pack and have it run reliably. It's great that it came with an adapter but having it out and about is where I'm going to get the most experience with it.

I suppose I can understand the choice to continue selling the tetra as a tactical kit because if it were everything I had staked on continuing sales. Especially because some seem to work fine I'd keep up with selling them as is. Of course I'm sure the Hak5 management would rather they all worked perfectly and are probably the least satisfied with the situation. I also have a Nano that I'm very satisfied with and overall I love the availability of these and the notion of supporting a company that makes them.

I'll let y'all know about the power cable.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:27 AM, maux said:

I've had a similar experience with my Tetra rebooting on battery power.

I got mine fairly recently with a Anker Powercore+ 13400 and a power adapter. I'm happy to see the power adapter was included especially since I've got one that seems to be unstable on the power pack. I really like the Powercore and especially on the fast charge it should provide plenty of power. The cables I'm using should also provide plenty of power because they can fast charge my phone just fine. I'm guessing that the weak link must be on the board and related to it's power management.

I've tried it on the Powercore on it's fast charge and regular us output in combinations with the y-cable and various other usb cables. It reboots after the status light flashes blue for twenty or thirty seconds.

I've just ordered this cable which I hope will work. It looks like it's got the right 5.5x2.1mm jack. If it does work it will have been a cheap enough fix. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075YR45H2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it works I'll be sure to update this thread. So far as I can make out the the Powercore should provide ample power.

What I haven't tried yet: reloading the firmware or using two power packs. I've gone with the cable to test with first because I really just want the single power pack and have it run reliably. It's great that it came with an adapter but having it out and about is where I'm going to get the most experience with it.

I suppose I can understand the choice to continue selling the tetra as a tactical kit because if it were everything I had staked on continuing sales. Especially because some seem to work fine I'd keep up with selling them as is. Of course I'm sure the Hak5 management would rather they all worked perfectly and are probably the least satisfied with the situation. I also have a Nano that I'm very satisfied with and overall I love the availability of these and the notion of supporting a company that makes them.

I'll let y'all know about the power cable.

Unfortunately I don't think that cable will work...max amp output for it states "Max current: 0.6A". The included wall adaptor is 12v at 2amps

I went with this battery pack and I've been happy with my testing so far

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012NIQG5E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

IT WORKS! It boots right up, loads pineap, starts scans, etc.... I've had it running scans on both bands on the powercore for about six and a half hours now and it hasn't had any issues at all. ?

It looks like it's drained a little over half the power packs capacity over that time. It was pretty much topped off beforehand. I've got it connected to the powercores fast charge port. I'll see if that makes any difference on another charge. Sorry I don't have anything sophisticated to test the output at the barrel connector.

This setup is pretty clean overall with a single power pack, single cord and I still have access to all the input ports. The cord is about five feet come comes with a velcro wrap.

Very happy with that outcome! I'll have this on continuous scanning while I'm GPS surveying tomorrow!

?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, maux said:

Actually I've found that it starts rebooting after a while in by bag. I think it's heat related. It takes about 45 minutes or so.

I had that problem at first also.  I use 2 anker 10000mah batteries with a y-cable to each battery and one plugged into eth1 and the other plugged into serial port.  This will help fix that problem. I have also secured the tetra in my bag so that it wont move around and the batteries also.  I have gone 4+ hrs without a reboot.  the y-cable that I got with the tetra was very loose in the eth1 port which is why I switched to y-cables with a really nice micro usb cable which has a tighter fit in the port.

Archived