General TETRA Discussion

Whistle Master

On Friday, July 08, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Sebkinne said:

They should be next week. 

On Friday, July 08, 2016 at 6:27 AM, istvan12 said:

Thank you for your answer!

I tried. But it doesnt worked! :(

I pushed the reset button for 10 seconds.... and nothing changed. When i connect my tablet to pineapple it wants a password. :(

I tried it again and again but doesnot works! :(

I cant believe that there is no way to reset the password??!! :((

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Any development or news to share on the 'stackable psu' idea that was suggested a while back? 

I've seen heaps of these multi-socket portable device charger/jump starter batteries around, wondering if anyone has tried one, if so any recommendations?

cheers 

FYI been looking at items like these

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

As the Tetra has support for the 5GHz bands, does this mean it also has support for WiFi AC?

If there is no AC Support, will there be another Pineapple edition in the near future?

Many thanks,

-MB60893.

12 hours ago, MB60893 said:

As the Tetra has support for the 5GHz bands, does this mean it also has support for WiFi AC?

If there is no AC Support, will there be another Pineapple edition in the near future?

Many thanks,

-MB60893.

The TETRA only does a/b/g/n.

Edited by Foxtrot

4 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

The TETRA only does a/b/c/n.

Thanks @Foxtrot, I was already aware of the 802.11 a/b/g/n support. 

I'm interested by the fact the Pineapple doesn't support AC WiFi. A bit of a deal breaker at this stage...

@Darren Kitchen Are there any plans in the works for a pineapple that supports AC in the near future??

Many thanks,

-MB60893.

Edited by MB60893

Hi guys,

I have a Tetra and have updated my firmware, I also have the 2 amp plug, but whenever I plug in my Alfa AWUS036NHA or any other of my 6 wifi adapters the Tetra locks up and will not let me connect.

How is Darren doing MITM with PineAP activated in his video?

Strange I never see him go to the "Network" tab in the pineapple menu.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question about the radio configuration used in the Tetra.

I'm a long time Mk V user and remember needing to get a third radio for the the WiFi Client connection as wlan1 couldn't be used in client mode AND be used for PineAP simultaneously.

wlan0 is the access point.
wlan1 is used for PineAP, injection/deauth/etc.
wlan2 is used to connect to my local friendly WiFi internet source.

I'm presuming a third WiFi radio needed for the Tetra if I want to configure it in a similar fashion? 

I'm using the Beta 3.0.0 firmware on my Mk V at the moment and am VERY happy with what it does for my older Pineapple.

Lunokhod.

Edited by lunokhod

28 minutes ago, lunokhod said:

I've got a question about the radio configuration used in the Tetra.

I'm a long time Mk V user and remember needing to get a third radio for the the WiFi Client connection as wlan1 couldn't be used in client mode AND be used for PineAP simultaneously.

wlan0 is the access point.
wlan1 is used for PineAP, injection/deauth/etc.
wlan2 is used to connect to my local friendly WiFi internet source.

I'm presuming a third WiFi radio needed for the Tetra if I want to configure it in a similar fashion? 

I'm using the Beta 3.0.0 firmware on my Mk V at the moment and am VERY happy with what it does for my older Pineapple.

Lunokhod.

Hi Lunokhod,

You're correct, if you want to connect wirelessly to another access point without disturbing PineAP, you'll need a third radio to plug in for client mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble getting the pineapple tetra online. I managed to do so successfully one time, but I just can't load the bulletins! I am using Kali Rolling with the latest wp6 script, internet bridging from the eth0 interface on a virtual machine. I think it has to do with the routes and default gateways, but I can't seem to get online. Can anyone help out? Thank you.

4 hours ago, D4sh said:

Hi,

I am looking at buying the Tetra Elite version over the next few days.  But i want to check that the power adapter that comes with this has a UK plug adapter?

Sorry for the stupid question!

Thanks,

Simon

It does not come with a UK plug. You'll need to buy an adapter, or a new PSU (12V, 2A). Either are very cheap on Amazon. 

2 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

It does not come with a UK plug. You'll need to buy an adapter, or a new PSU (12V, 2A). Either are very cheap on Amazon. 

Thanks for coming back to me.

Will investigate this and get one on order.

Thanks again,

Simon

Quick question on the Tetra. Set-up stand-alone on with a Management AP running, but trying to start the PinAP fails, On i-face scan only shows wlan1 and warns that using wlan1 interferes w/the PineAP.  The new book recommends adding an external card (have one now), but should I disable the management AP SSID? (must be on Wlan1. (or I'm using Wlan1 for an upstream connection). Sorry, it's early and I'm still waking up. Edit: Basically, the end goal = set up to manage using management by wirelessly logging in, but what would be the most ideal way to assign. An Ethernet cord into a router or switch displays no upstream that I can see. I would think wlan2 (the add-on card) for management, wlan0 - for an upstream net share, and wlan1 for an AP? 

Edited by Phobic81
Clarity of dilemma?

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Americawet said:

I'm new to the pineapple, so sorry if this is a stupid question. Can the pineapple be used as just a 2.4 or 5 thx moniter mode wifi adapter? Or does it have to be used with the software?

It's a stand alone device, so you would have to SSH in and use the radios that way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know a good method to authenticate the pineapple with a portal that makes you click to accept and get internet? Usually I would put my laptop on the wifi and then share internet to the pineapple, but I would like to use client mode and have the pineapple sit by itself and manage it via the management interface. 

thanks. 

On 11/13/2016 at 6:44 PM, jermzz said:

Anyone know a good method to authenticate the pineapple with a portal that makes you click to accept and get internet? Usually I would put my laptop on the wifi and then share internet to the pineapple, but I would like to use client mode and have the pineapple sit by itself and manage it via the management interface. 

thanks. 

Connect the Pineapple to the AP, connect your laptop to the Pineapple, open a browser, click and get interwebz.