Devices disconnecting shortly after conneciton

M47H3W

I can get a few devices to connect to the PineAP but some of them disconnect to PineAP shortly after. What could be the reason behind this? All the devices were in range. I'm running the latest Pineapple NANO firmware. Also, if it's worth mentioning, all devices are iPhones.

• Upvote 1

Well mathewq.

It seems like this is an awfully vague uhh problem here.

Now ya say some of them. How many is some?

Secondly do some stay connected?

Seems to me there could be a few reasons. First. Range is not infite, I'd say with stock ideally you want to be in a 100ft range clear of as many obstructions as possible. Probably so.

Aside from range advice. I dunno what to say.

• Upvote 1

Well mathewq.

It seems like this is an awfully vague uhh problem here.

Now ya say some of them. How many is some?

Secondly do some stay connected?

Seems to me there could be a few reasons. First. Range is not infite, I'd say with stock ideally you want to be in a 100ft range clear of as many obstructions as possible. Probably so.

Aside from range advice. I dunno what to say.

I appreciate the reply. Trust me, the devices are barely even 8 feet away. and Yes, some will stay connected, while others will not.

I'm fond of factory reset in these types of situations. Unfortunately I can't relate because I'm not experiencing that problem. Though I do experience some devices do not prefer to connect to the pineapple over my router. Those devices usually have a smart switch to hop networks based on speed. If my main router is stronger (usually is) it will try to connect to only that, until told otherwise. But sometimes the pineapple is good at 'convincing' those devices to stay on the pineap.

Some of it I chalk up to learning the topography of this device. In your case, sounds weird but I'd start with a reset and try to narrow out the possibilities.