Kali+Virtualbox+Nano

CuCa

I'm trying to use my Nano in Kali using virtual box. Kali sees my Nano as a usb and I see it as eth1. When I try to connect to it, it disconnects me from eth0, and vise versa. How can I have them both connected simultaneously so I can bridge or share the internet connect from eth0 to eth1?

Hello and welcome I'll assume that you already have a working Internet connection setup between your host and the VM and that is what you're calling eth0? The easiest way to bridge the connections is to download the wp6 script from wifi pineapple.com inside your terminal in the kali vm, make it executable and run it. There are several options there on how to configure from there auto, manual etc you'll see what I'm talking about.

Your nano is a Ethernet over USB btw.

wget www.wifipineapple.com/wp6.sh

chmod +x wp6.sh

./wp6.sh

Should do the trick

telot

Make sure under Settings > Network > Attached to: is Bridged Adapter

Having set to NAT could be a problem later because it will be set on it's own subnet called ;10.x.x.x so unless you change it to Bridged adapter you will possibly have issues with it not being on your router's subnet so if you plan to do any sniffing ect you won't see the nano from you 192.x.x.x

+1 wp6.sh.

CuCa: Some network managers like to switch your default Route to the most recently activated ethernet connection. The latest wp6.sh accounts for this and should solve your problem regardless of what network type VirtualBox is using, provided eth0 has internet access, that is.

Maybe it's just me, but when we updated the wp6.sh to version 6.4 my Kali 2.0 on Oracle VBox has just gone totally wonky. I can't seem to get my Nano to work with the new connector at all. I go through the guided install it sees my Nano asks what I'd like to do...I choose connect and .....Nothing! It tries to ping and it just endlessly hangs.

Read a recommendation on another thread and downloaded VMware. Gave that a try with the same results. Thinking on this, I am using the same Kali2.0 64 bit .iso for both Vbox and VMware. My conundrum is I've tried it on both my MacPro 8 core tower and my Mac book Air. S@%# now my Android tablet won't allow me to connect. I'm in the process of doing a re-flash of my Nano to see if that will help.

Any suggestions? Maybe dump my Kali 2.0 .iso and re-download? Why would my Nano no longer connect to my Android? Did running the new wp6.sh change my default settings to a new ip? Sorry about the rambling, sometimes thinking out loud helps! It really sucks since I had the Nano working with all my devices, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Tablet, MacBook Air 2011, and MacPro 2008 both running the latest OSx Yosemite. Like my brother told me ..."Sucks to be you.." I'm getting it from all sides, I feel like Rodney Dangerfield here. Any pointers would be very appreciated!

Maybe it's just me, but when we updated the wp6.sh to version 6.4 my Kali 2.0 on Oracle VBox has just gone totally wonky. I can't seem to get my Nano to work with the new connector at all. I go through the guided install it sees my Nano asks what I'd like to do...I choose connect and .....Nothing! It tries to ping and it just endlessly hangs.

Read a recommendation on another thread and downloaded VMware. Gave that a try with the same results. Thinking on this, I am using the same Kali2.0 64 bit .iso for both Vbox and VMware. My conundrum is I've tried it on both my MacPro 8 core tower and my Mac book Air. S@%# now my Android tablet won't allow me to connect. I'm in the process of doing a re-flash of my Nano to see if that will help.

Any suggestions? Maybe dump my Kali 2.0 .iso and re-download? Why would my Nano no longer connect to my Android? Did running the new wp6.sh change my default settings to a new ip? Sorry about the rambling, sometimes thinking out loud helps! It really sucks since I had the Nano working with all my devices, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Tablet, MacBook Air 2011, and MacPro 2008 both running the latest OSx Yosemite. Like my brother told me ..."Sucks to be you.." I'm getting it from all sides, I feel like Rodney Dangerfield here. Any pointers would be very appreciated!

Try this on your Kali VM

ifconfig eth1 172.16.42.42 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

ping 172.16.42.1

^^ where eth1 == the interface of your NANO

That won't setup Internet connection sharing, but it will show that your Kali box can get on the same network as the NANO.

Sorry that took so long, Overtime at work and all that! Any who...tried your suggestion Darren and this is what I ended up with.

After doing a complete re-flash of my Nano two or three times. I hooked up my Nano and started my VM

This was using Oracle Vbox running Kali 2.0 live on a 2011 MacBook Air 11 iCore5 flying El Capitain 10.11.13.

http://imgur.com/EyvxoeK

Am I totally borked, or just a goober?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that took so long, Overtime at work and all that! Any who...tried your suggestion Darren and this is what I ended up with.

After doing a complete re-flash of my Nano two or three times. I hooked up my Nano and started my VM

This was using Oracle Vbox running Kali 2.0 live on a 2011 MacBook Air 11 iCore5 flying El Capitain 10.11.13.

http://imgur.com/EyvxoeK

Am I totally borked, or just a goober?

Just to follow up, I think reflashing the Nano finally got me back to a stable situation. Works great with my Kali2.0 on VMware and my Samsung tablet is properly syncing up once again. No clue, must have interrupted something at the wrong time? I'm enjoying the portability of the Nano, trying to figure out how to share info between my Nano and my shiny new Tetra at this point. More fun!

• 2 years later...

I am Running Windows 7 Professional Host, Virtual Box Version 5.2.18.  Kali Debian Distro.  I never really felt I had my network figured out and set correctly.  I tried NAT and finally settled for Bridge Connection.  But now with my new Nano I am really lost.  Here are my settings.  Any suggestions much appreciated.   

Image of settings:

https://imgur.com/uyDXGHt

Archived