LAN Turtle HID - TwinTurtle Firmware Possible?

ad0nis

Hey, folks. I've tried using my LAN Turtle on a few engagements now, and while it's nice to show it plugged into a computer in the report, I rarely get much love out of it, and the shell feels too slow to be useful (guess that's why it's called a LAN Turtle! - It's a really slow shell!)

Anyway - The idea that I wanted to float today is whether or not it would be possible to turn the LAN Turtle into a "TwinTurtle", similar to the "TwinDuck" firmware for the USB Rubber Ducky, but in this case, the LANTurtle would continue to be a USB-to-Ethernet adapter as well as acting as a HID device, so you could have a "blind terminal" into the machine it's physically plugged into. This could allow direct exploitation of the machine through powershell meterpreter, for example - The only problem I can think of is how to tell if the device is actually unlocked before sending the commands.

So the reason I'm bringing this here is that I don't currently have the know-how to write a custom firmware which implements this sort of functionality, but I wanted to bring up the idea to the community, to see if this is something that is even possible, and if there are people willing and able to implement it.