Encoders, startup guides, resources for beginners.

Hello Rubber ducky forumn,

I've been mostly active on the WiFi pineapple side of this community and have just received my RD.

I'm not one to just start asking for people to do things for me.... But I do have a few questions.

First off,

I'm not sure what I need to start using RD. Do I need an encoder? If so, I've only seen a linux based encoder. Is there one for windows? I'm sure I use my MBP for that as well.

My primary machine is a windows 8.1 laptop and I have Kali linux as well as a MacBook Pro. I'd like to use my windows computer since thats what I work with on the go.

Second,

is there a detailed guide on keyboard commands that are not as common to most users for windows, mac os x, and gui based linux OS?

I have also seen the repository for scripts made by others so I know that's there, but I'm looking for instructional articles/videos to learn how to make my own.

I'm sorry if this comes off as extremely simple, but I would rather hear what the community has to say rather than assuming anything.

Thanks!

Duckencoder is made in java. You just download it, install JRE (or was it JDK...I never remember). To run the encoder, simply run this:

java -jar encoder.jar -i "duckyscriptfile.txt" -o inject.bin

As for the scripts themselves, you basically just type whatever you want the ducky to type later, like this:

DELAY 2000
GUI r
DELAY 100
STRING notepad
ENTER
DELAY 1000
STRING Hello Hammerhead
ENTER
STRING Just imagine all the things you can do with a keyboard
ENTER
STRING The ducky can do that too!

I haven't seen any fully comprehensive guides for keyboard shortcuts, but probably the most important one is WIN+R (GUI r on the ducky). There's a lot of information available on the ducky wiki too.

Duckencoder is made in java. You just download it, install JRE (or was it JDK...I never remember). To run the encoder, simply run this:

java -jar encoder.jar -i "duckyscriptfile.txt" -o inject.bin

As for the scripts themselves, you basically just type whatever you want the ducky to type later, like this:

DELAY 2000
GUI r
DELAY 100
STRING notepad
ENTER
DELAY 1000
STRING Hello Hammerhead
ENTER
STRING Just imagine all the things you can do with a keyboard
ENTER
STRING The ducky can do that too!

I haven't seen any fully comprehensive guides for keyboard shortcuts, but probably the most important one is WIN+R (GUI r on the ducky). There's a lot of information available on the ducky wiki too.

Thanks for your help.

I have started and figured out many awesome things you can do just by using the keyboard.

Thanks for your help.

I have started and figured out many awesome things you can do just by using the keyboard.

Oh yeah. Just about everything you can do with a mouse can be done using just a keyboard, and being able to automate it makes it even easier to reproduce. I learned this as a kid, when my crappy bluetooth mouse's batteries would die or it would (frequently) disconnect.