[Official] Portal Auth

sud0nick

I've started porting Portal Auth from the MKV. I will keep this updated as I progress but it may take some time as there is a lot to this module.

8Xl3nkW.png

nrpX5qt.png

gX2UJlB.png

9CCmywR.png

3NvAJDg.png

Update:

Added new screenshots in the spoiler above. I also added the code to my GitHub page so you guys can download and test while I finish development if you want. It's almost done but still missing a couple of features. Let me know if there are any issues (aside from unimplemented features) that need to be fixed if you choose to test the module.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since nodogsplash is kind of broken, could you just forget sending to evil portal, and just send everything to the "landing page" provided in the new firmware?

Edit.....sorry I didn't read the update.....Thanks sud0nick

I'll definitely try it out, xrad. Thanks for the idea.

Edit:

I can use the landing page built in to the Pineapple and it seems to work pretty well so far but the main issue with using it is since it isn't a captive portal it won't be able to redirect the target to their destination. With NDS we could use $authtarget to send the user to their original destination once we got what we wanted from them but I don't know of a way to do that with the landing page.

Could you possibly just send them to google, yahoo, msn ect...any search page or any page we could define... Maybe?

After they "log in", of course.....

A default of sorts....let them take over after the event???

Catch and release.....

It kind of works like that on some Portals anyway.....??

Unfortunately no, at least not without some hackish situation that wouldn't work for everyone. The way the landing page works now is that it hijacks all HTTP traffic but none of the HTTPS. So we could just send them to Google but they would have to first search for an HTTP site to even get to our page and if they happen to do it again they will be presented with the same page to which they just passed credentials. Your plans would most definitely be foiled at that point. Since newbi3 is working on a new solution that works similarly to the landing page, but will hopefully function like a captive portal, all we can do is wait for him.

I like your ideas, xrad, unfortunately I don't feel comfortable releasing a module that will only work in one specific way.

PortalAuth isn't losing anything but you won't be able to display the portals that you clone. $imagesdir doesn't work for CSS and for some reason you can't access the /www directory either so anything you clone won't display properly and you won't be able to access the jQuery files the injection sets require.

Thank you sud0nick, for the explanation, and Thank You very much for the work done on the module/infusion.

I guess when the MarkV firmware is updated, we loose functionality for them too......???

newbi3........ How much of a donation is needed to fix the complications?????? Lol......can' we just go back to an older version of nodogsplash??????

• 1 month later...

sud0nick, great module. so far from what i've seen the form control for say activity log and such, don't inherit the custom css. so since i have white on black for my background and text, it's white on white. other than that, looks good so far.....

Sud0nick, GREAT job with portal Auth. Very Very NICE!

This could make Captive portal creation fairly easy.

Question,

I remember back in the earlier versions of PA, you had the injection scripts available in the PA menu. From there i could simply copy the script and edit the script in an hrml editor. Can this still be done? What i'm looking for is the script that asks for the email/pass and post it to the auth.log. Basically avoiding the default hovering login menu.

Sorry if it sounds confusing.

Again, REALLY GOOD JOB!! This infusion has really matured!

hahaha, actually it's hard to explain.

What im trying to do is avoid using the splash screen login.

For example, let's say I want to make a fake Linksys update message. Instead of having the login screen hover on top of the fake Linksys screen, I'd prefer to have it embedded inside the html.

I'll try to send you one that i made for the mkv so you have a better idea of what i'm trying to do.

Really, I've got to hand it you, this infusion goes hand in hand with Evil Portal. EXCELLENT!!!

Then you need to write your own captive portal. Like I said, you can go to the injection set editor, select the one that is closest to what you want, and copy and paste the code into an editor on your computer to start playing around with. Unless if you know HTML, JavaScript, and CSS you're probably going to be stuck with my default injection sets. It's always good to learn something new.

Archived