What device are you using the NANO with?

ZaraByte

I wanna get a thread going to see what devices you're using the NANO with

Please include the following if you're using a Android device with the NANO.

1. What Android device are you using?

2. What Android version is your device using?

3. What Android build is your Andriod version.

4. Are you using the WiFi Pineapple Connector App from the Google play store?

5. Do You have Developer Option enabled on your device?

6. Do You have MTP enabled ?

Asus Flip Chromebook w/ Sana

MacBookPro. iPhone

Nexus 5 w/ NH on 6.0.1

Side-loaded Connector App

Dev enabled

No MTP

Great experience so far. Both as a user and module developer

I'm in the middle of making an autossh module. Seb did a great job decoupling interface from system code and creating this modular architecture. I'm almost done and I've never coded in PHP before, because the API is that good.

From a user perspective, also good. I do most management over SSH and when I'm walking around, ServerAuditor for iOS has tunnels so I can manage the Nano over localhost in Safari. Currently still learning how meterpreter is useful on this thing aside from the persistent reverse tcp connection.

Thank you guys for giving your feedback I hope more people will come forward and help share their feedback on the devices they're using their NANO with!

1 nexus 7 2013 wifi / nethunter 3.0

2 5.0.1

3 LRX22C I believe.

4 yes

5 yes

6 yes

iPhone 6 for hotspot to nexus when mobile / determining IP address of nano.

Kali 2.0 Linux live USB booted from MacBook Pro.

Msi GS70 partitioned for Kali 2.0

Also have used with my nexus 7 2012 running 4.4.4. But I don't use it cause the 2013 is way faster.

Edited by jermzz

moto x 2013 dev edition 5.0.1

linux mint 17.3 and Kali 2.0 desktop

macpro with linux mint kde 17.3 and kali 2.0 running in parallels

4,5,6 all yes

Since my device does not work with usb tethering and you have explained to be dealing with that, I'll share my device that also does not.

1. Samsung S4 Galaxy

2. 4.4.4

The rest may be moot because Connector App doesn't let me tether via usb, option is greyed out.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to use with Kali 1. No luck yet. Works great with Windows 7 and Android 5.1.1.

Also saw people commenting that USB tethering was grayed out. The USB cable my Nano shipped with was the problem for me. Changing to an Anker cable opened the tether option. If your Android allows Wifi tether, try a different USB cable before assuming it won't work.

1. Samsung S4

2. 5.0.1

3. Stock

4. No, not working on the S4 for some reason..

5. Yes

6. Yes

Other than that I'm running it with my Macbook Air and I also have a Alfa AWUS036NEH attached to it from time to time :P

See my pic :)

5esjy8.jpg

Edited by crashie
  • Upvote 2

1. Samsung S4

2. 5.0.1

3. Stock

4. No, not working on the S4 for some reason..

5. Yes

6. Yes

Other than that I'm running it with my Macbook Air and I also have a Alfa AWUS036NEH attached to it from time to time :P

See my pic :)

5esjy8.jpg

dude,

you really need to get some of this 180° USB-Adapters to get a nice short package ;)

dude,

you really need to get some of this 180° USB-Adapters to get a nice short package ;)

heh I paid a total of $17 for one because i couldn't wait and now you can buy them for $5 on amazon LOL.

Original/Current devices:

Dell Laptop - Kali

iPhone 6+

New Toy this week:

Nexus 6P

Mods to N6P:

Multi-Rom (64Bit)

• 1st: Stock OS
  • 2nd: Own compiled CyanogenMod (13.0) distro.

Dev Options enabled (CM13)

Pineapple software (not tried this yet)

Pineapple:

Tactical setup

Extra wifi dongle (5370 ralink IIRC)

Edited by kingoddball

Original/Current devices:

Dell Laptop - Kali

iPhone 6+

New Toy this week:

Nexus 6P

Mods to N6P:

Multi-Rom (64Bit)

• 1st: Stock OS
  • 2nd: Own compiled CyanogenMod (13.0) distro.

Dev Options enabled (CM13)

Pineapple software (not tried this yet)

Pineapple:

Tactical setup

Extra wifi dongle (5370 ralink IIRC)

what multirom app are you using on your 6P?

what multirom app are you using on your 6P?

Multi-Rom!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/development/mod-multirom-v33-beta-1-t3313291

Beta 4 works fine.

Fingerprint only works on internal rom and may never work on secondaries (small price to pay!).

Edit: if you're not on a nexus, you might have to compile the git yourself for your Arm64 device (if you need it).

Edited by kingoddball

• 3 weeks later...

Multi-Rom!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/development/mod-multirom-v33-beta-1-t3313291

Beta 4 works fine.

Fingerprint only works on internal rom and may never work on secondaries (small price to pay!).

Edit: if you're not on a nexus, you might have to compile the git yourself for your Arm64 device (if you need it).

you can use fingerprint on secondary roms with multirom, I ended up messing with multirom for a bit just flashed CM13 for my primary rom and its great, everything works but I havent tryed google pay. Also the systemless root on the nexus 6p is awesome, I was hesitating for a long time about it but very happy I did.

Anyone using marshmallow on an att phone? I just ordered an s7 edge. I thought I remembered some problem with marshmallow. Haven't been here in 4 or 5 weeks.

I had an att moto x 2013 that it worked fine on but I had root for tethering, I never tryed it non-rooted. My stock Nexus6p wouldnt usb or wifi tether with stock rom due to TOS conditions of Att or in my case Straight talk. After root everything worked just fine. Marshmallows everywhere

you can use fingerprint on secondary roms with multirom, I ended up messing with multirom for a bit just flashed CM13 for my primary rom and its great, everything works but I havent tryed google pay. Also the systemless root on the nexus 6p is awesome, I was hesitating for a long time about it but very happy I did.

I had an att moto x 2013 that it worked fine on but I had root for tethering, I never tryed it non-rooted. My stock Nexus6p wouldnt usb or wifi tether with stock rom due to TOS conditions of Att or in my case Straight talk. After root everything worked just fine. Marshmallows everywhere

Interesting. I think you have to pay for tether with att. My plan has hotspot, but I can't use it with my nano because it's an iPhone. Hopefully no problem with the s7, although I'm sure there will be a root method shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up rooting and multirom on my Nexus 6p I do a lot with my phone from Bluetooth headphones to Bluetooth car radio (all day) and such and every rom i've flashed has bad Bluetooth, it looses signal then reconnects its wierd. So what I did with the multirom is just kept my stock Android and multiboot a secondary rom for wifi tether until I find something that will let me do it on stock android (which is rooted). But I haven't looked at all for something like that as I haven't had the time lately. But it works great.

I actually tested it on my sister, she wanted to see what the Nano could do and how secure she was. lol in under 15 min she was connected and I was sitting across the room with a giant smile on my face as I Random Rolled her for a while. She said " i'm to secure for that", I showed her wrong.