Shipping Delay for WiFi Pineapple TETRA

Hey guys - got an update here on the WiFi Pineapple Tetra shipping. Unfortunately there's about a 2 week delay. I'm really bummed about this.

The sample units we've been developing on are phenomenal. We approved the first run and figured they'd all be just as great. Unfortunately they're not. We stayed up all night testing units for perfection and sadly some aren't calibrated to the highest degree of performance. It's not ideal and I really want you all to have the same epic experience as we've been having in development.

pNczJxW.jpg

We went as far as to have our manufacturing partner bring units back from the pilot run (comically) in his suitcase so we could start shipping them out today. Now I'm crushed to have to get them redone, and feel terrible to delay your orders.

STDQhra.jpg

Yes, those are "suitcases" United Airlines ;-)

Thankfully the issue isn't a big deal and we've already started spinning up the production line. We're anticipating the shipment around the 18th -- and I'll keep you all informed as we work through the process.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for letting us know DK. Speaking for myself, I'd much rather get a great product the first time than have to run into any production-related issues once its in my hands. Kudos on keeping the quality and reliability in high regard. Still though, I can barely friggin wait!

telot

• Upvote 2

Thanks so much for the update. Waiting is never an issue, lack of communication is. And that's never happened with the Hak team. I'm just glad I put my order in the day it was announced.

I'll have to admit using the Nano (right now actually) has me really excited for the Tetra!

Edited by Boosted240
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the update Darren,

I feel for you guys....lets get this one right, please,....I do not want a messed up unit....

I can wait as long as it takes.

Thank you very much for testing.......YOU GUYS ARE TOP NOTCH, BEST OF THE BEST....Im sorry for your troubles, and I am greatful for your dilligance to release a quality product.

Edited by xrad

As above, thanks for the communication. Passage of information, keeping the hak5 family in the loop, appreciated.

Kudos also for ensuring quality product, not just a pretty pineapple-package. :wink:

I'm an international order, so I expected some delay, abso-phreakin-lutely excited to know it'll be shipped when its sorted. :grin:

Cheers all.

The sample units we've been developing on are phenomenal. We approved the first run and figured they'd all be just as great. Unfortunately they're not. We stayed up all night testing units for perfection and sadly some aren't calibrated to the highest degree of performance.

Hi Darren,

For curiosity, what specifically is the problem? Calibration seems to apply only to the radios, which would seem to be the gain/loss correction, as I assume you don't make any match corrections here. If so why is the calibration critical? I work in teh bizzness so am just wondering.

Also what does it take to get out of the "You can make 3 more posts today" hell? :smile:

Thanks for all your hard work

Also what does it take to get out of the "You can make 3 more posts today" hell? :smile:

Probably 5 or 10 total posts. :D

I'm in the same boat.

That aside...

Thanks Darren et all for all the work and making hard decisions in order to bring only the highest quality product to market.

I can't wait for mine to come in!

• Upvote 1

Hi Darren,

For curiosity, what specifically is the problem? Calibration seems to apply only to the radios, which would seem to be the gain/loss correction, as I assume you don't make any match corrections here. If so why is the calibration critical? I work in teh bizzness so am just wondering.

I also would like to hear the gory details if you're willing to share :) Also, are we still on track for shipping on the 18th DK?

telot

They've left the factory and are with the freight forwarder. I should have more info tonight/tomorrow. I didn't realize Monday is a holiday. I'll update as soon as I have more.

Thanks for keeping us all posted Darren.

;D

• Upvote 1

The TETRA is on the way! They left the factory Friday and are currently in Hong Kong customs. The Chinese new year is causing a bit of a delay at the port - which is typical this time of year as everyone tries to get their stuff out of the country. We're now expected to receive them on the 26th -- though that could be sooner. I'll know more from tracking once they clear customs.

I want to thank you all for being so supportive and understanding. While I wish we didn't have these sorts of delays - it does at least mean that more updates to the 6th gen platform will find their way into the TETRA 1.0 firmware. :)

• Upvote 2

The TETRA is on the way! They left the factory Friday and are currently in Hong Kong customs. The Chinese new year is causing a bit of a delay at the port - which is typical this time of year as everyone tries to get their stuff out of the country. We're now expected to receive them on the 26th -- though that could be sooner. I'll know more from tracking once they clear customs.

I want to thank you all for being so supportive and understanding. While I wish we didn't have these sorts of delays - it does at least mean that more updates to the 6th gen platform will find their way into the TETRA 1.0 firmware. :)

Hi Darren,

do you have any update?

Thank you.

They're currently in Hong Kong with the freight forwarder before getting on a plane. It'll be 3-4 days from boarding to when we have them in hand. Once they board I'll get updated tracking info from the air carrier and I'll relay that here. Thanks again everyone for the patience and understanding!

• Upvote 1