About the LanTurtle

Torkast

Hello!

After reading about the LanTurtle and watching the videos for it i have a few questions about the product before i purchase it.

Lets make the example that i have successfully installed the LanTurtle on a targeted computer. I've got remote SSH connection to Turtle and a meterpreter session active. As i've understood correctly the lanturtle is the only equipment on the network i have access to and not even the computer it is attached to! So if i want to get access to computers on the network i could use the meterpreter session and launch attacks to the computers from the turtle and get a new meterpreter into the new computer and work from there? If there is a vulnerable computer on the network of course.

Can the Turtle which is connected to the network also visit network folders/disks? Let's say there is a computer/Server sharing files and its accessible by anyone on the network. Can the Turtle access these network folders if they are open for the network the Turtle is connected to and transfer these files to the SSH server forexample?

I'm pretty new to metasploit but still learning how it works and how it would work out with the LanTurtle the practical way. Also a great tool when i perform pentest for the local companies (FYI: legal and paid work, i don't plan to abuse this if someone were to ask ) i mostly do physical testing and assesment and this would be a really good tool for me as my other co-worker do the software/web part.

So if i want to get access to computers on the network i could use the meterpreter session and launch attacks to the computers from the turtle and get a new meterpreter into the new computer and work from there?

Yep!

Can the Turtle which is connected to the network also visit network folders/disks? Let's say there is a computer/Server sharing files and its accessible by anyone on the network. Can the Turtle access these network folders if they are open for the network the Turtle is connected to and transfer these files to the SSH server forexample?

Haven't tested this myself, but I don't see why not. You'd mount the remote directories to a folder on the turtle and then cp -r any files you want from there to your sshfs folder. Check here for more info:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/cifs.client

Hope this helps you out Torkast. What kind of physical testing and assessment do you do? I've always wanted to learn more about that stuff. Good luck friend!

telot