Hello, Ive been using my nano for a few days now, and I ran across a small problem.

After I activate PineAP Daemon, and click save, and after its running, attempt to select any of the log boxes or "allow associations" and click save it will de-select itself and wont activate.

Any idea on what the problem is?

Not being able to allow associations is crippling to my nano.

fyi I haven't changed any default config settings.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey thanks daren, I use chrome's latest version: 47.0.2526.106 (64-bit)

Im not sure if this is a browser issue,

I decided to factory reboot my pineapple nano, and it started working fine again. Which is strange because I haven't changed any settings.

​So everything is ok now, but this has been a re-accuring issue. I'm not sure how to replicate it.

Firefox latest version here, no plugins, completely stock. Every time I log back into the Dashboard the Pine settings are unchecked.

Tested in private mode to make sure cookies weren't stored or something and it still happened. Though I had to close browser, open it, start new private tab and log in, everything unchecked in PineAP Configuration section. When it had just run before closing the browser.

I have noticed that it does not happen every time. I only had my device for 2 days and it happened consistently with default settings after first to maybe third time using it. However I just powered it today and did what I normally do.

1 Enable PineAP daemon, check all the boxes and let it run.

2 Wait a little while, close browser or log out of dashboard.

3 Log back in, and up until today, every time it was disabled. Today it was not.

Will keep attempting this and see if it happens again, maybe I can provide logs?

I have noticed that it does not happen every time. I only had my device for 2 days and it happened consistently with default settings after first to maybe third time using it. However I just powered it today and did what I normally do.

1 Enable PineAP daemon, check all the boxes and let it run.

2 Wait a little while, close browser or log out of dashboard.

3 Log back in, and up until today, every time it was disabled. Today it was not.

Will keep attempting this and see if it happens again, maybe I can provide logs?

Interesting, I'm not sure what's going on. I'll investigate further and see if I can get to the bottom of this.

I have also had the same issue, regarding the Timezone option.

Tried changing it using Chrome and Firefox, but as soon as you refresh, it reverts back to default

That's normal. The dropdown does not not update, but the "Current Timezone" section above that should show the correct one though.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Interesting, I'm not sure what's going on. I'll investigate further and see if I can get to the bottom of this.

That's normal. The dropdown does not not update, but the "Current Timezone" section above that should show the correct one though.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Haha erm...yeah.....so it does! #SlightlyEmbarrased

I've also seen this; PineAP checkboxes below PineAP Daemon are disabled after a period of time, and so were the Broadcast SSID Pool Interval and the Beacon Response Interval.

I'm using IceWeasel 31.6.0, and have cleared all cache, cookies etc - that doesn't fix the issue. I've also rebooted the Nano

However, I have had pseudo-random success by hitting 'save PineAP settings' - sometimes the disabled check boxes have become enabled, but this hasn't always solved the problem.

I have just cleared the SSID Pool whilst PineAP Daemon checkbox was enabled- that enabled all other locked drop down options.

Weird stuff, I'll see what else I can find out with replication scenarios and also inspecting the page elements. When I looked earlier, there were references to disabled checkbox classes

*update*

This has just resolved the issue (albeit temporarily):

- deselect all PineAP checkboxes, save settings.

- select PineAP Daemon checkbox, save settings

- All checkboxes and dropdowns now enabled.

*update 2*

There's a JS error on page load:

TypeError: elem is undefined (helpers.js:33)

I've also seen this; PineAP checkboxes below PineAP Daemon are disabled after a period of time, and so were the Broadcast SSID Pool Interval and the Beacon Response Interval.

I'm using IceWeasel 31.6.0, and have cleared all cache, cookies etc - that doesn't fix the issue. I've also rebooted the Nano

However, I have had pseudo-random success by hitting 'save PineAP settings' - sometimes the disabled check boxes have become enabled, but this hasn't always solved the problem.

I have just cleared the SSID Pool whilst PineAP Daemon checkbox was enabled- that enabled all other locked drop down options.

Weird stuff, I'll see what else I can find out with replication scenarios and also inspecting the page elements. When I looked earlier, there were references to disabled checkbox classes

*update*

This has just resolved the issue (albeit temporarily):

- deselect all PineAP checkboxes, save settings.

- select PineAP Daemon checkbox, save settings

- All checkboxes and dropdowns now enabled.

*update 2*

There's a JS error on page load:

Thanks for the feedback.

You are only able to select the checkboxes below "PineAP Daemon" if PineAP daemon has been started. This requires a "Save PineAP Settings".

In regards to the JS error, that should not affect the module, but I have added an undefined check regardless.

This still does not explain why "Allow Associations" and similar options disable themselves, or don't enable at all.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Like others I've seen lately posting, I'm new to the pineapple world. Seems like a great group of people and a great product.

I got my pineapple nano and did all the proper, appropriate setup steps on my Kali Linux machine (Mac book pro / Kali live usb persistence) I use my MacBook cause the internal card supports promic mode.

Anyway.. Did the wp6.sh, verified Internet was there by loading the bulletin. So next was to go to the recon screen. I am able to scan AP only, but when I try to scan AP & Client, the status bar fills to 100%, but never displays any info. 5 minutes later it's still loading status bar at 100%. Seems as I need this feature to use with pineAP so I can death clients as just scanning APs doesn't help.

Anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix it? It does the same thing on my Windows 10 machine. My chrome version on Linux is 47.0.2526.106 64 bit.

I have already tried a factory reset of the nano with the same problem persisting. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

I have tried 15, 30 and 1 minute. I've tried with the continuous box checked and not checked. I've also tried scanning AP only and then scanning AP + client after. AP only comes up in seconds. It's always with client and AP it won't load. The bar is still moving like it's trying, it just never loads.

Not sure if this is related; on page load after logging into the Nano (the dashboard), I see this in browser error console:

[Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (bootstrap.min.css, line 5)

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-route.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-cookies.min.js.map, line 0)

I've been messing with the PineAP section a bit, and something that I am noticing is that I'll remove all the SSID's from the pool, yet my Macbook Pro and Android phone are still showing some SSID's that aren't in the pool.

I've confirmed that it's only happening when my Nano is powered on and the PineAP Daemon is running. Also, just to test, I connected to one of them on my Macbook and sure enough, it showed up as a Client on the Nano...

I haven't been able to figure out why it's still broadcasting these 'old' SSID's that are no longer in the Pool.

Any ideas?

Ok so I'm unable to reproduce the bug. I attempted removing just a single SSID as well as all SSIDs from the pool. Neither Android or Macbook Pro show the 'old' APs anymore. I did notice that it requires rescanning on the mac a few times before they show as gone.

Archived