Hello everyone! Hope you are all safe! Good to see that others had the same issue ( and fixed it ) or else I was about to think mine wasn't good. 

I tried to use the same methods above, but doesn't seem to work. I'm on windows 10, firmware 2.7, and I tried several new SD cards. I formatted it through the interface, erased the original fstab and added the edited above and rebooted the pineapple nano but still doesn't seem to mount and show on my interface. I want to download modules but SD card is not showing up at all. 

I would appreciate anyone's help! Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is solved, it was enough to change fstab to:

config global
option anon_swap '0'
option anon_mount '0'
option auto_swap '1'
option auto_mount '1'
option delay_root '5'
option check_fs '0'

config mount
option target '/ sd'
option device '/ dev / sda1'
option fstype 'auto'
option options 'rw, sync'
option enabled '1'

config 'swap'
         option device '/ dev / sda2'
         option enabled '1'

And then format the SD cards

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 1:46 AM, Rysik said:

The problem is solved, it was enough to change fstab to:

config global
option anon_swap '0'
option anon_mount '0'
option auto_swap '1'
option auto_mount '1'
option delay_root '5'
option check_fs '0'

config mount
option target '/ sd'
option device '/ dev / sda1'
option fstype 'auto'
option options 'rw, sync'
option enabled '1'

config 'swap'
         option device '/ dev / sda2'
         option enabled '1'

And then format the SD cards

This does not fix the issue for me. What else did you do?

step 1:
factory reset wifi pineapple nano
step 2:
formatting the SD card using the SD CARD Formatter program
step 3:
formatting SD card with GUI - wifi pineapple nano
step 4:
restart the device
Maybe it will be helpful ... 

Indeed that seemed to work for me.

I downgraded to 2.6.2 which formatted the card ok but after a few minutes of use it would drop the sd card, then on a reboot it wouldn't show up. In the logs I got a few bad block errors. So I fully (like a slow long full format) formatted it through the SD Card Formatter app and now it seems to work ok. Somtimes on a reboot it will take a few minutes to come up. 

It's worth noting that I had this issue with two different brand new sd cards (samsung evo and a sandisk ultra) both seem ok now after a full format.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 6:41 PM, Alan Giovanni said:

Hello everyone! Hope you are all safe! Good to see that others had the same issue ( and fixed it ) or else I was about to think mine wasn't good. 

I tried to use the same methods above, but doesn't seem to work. I'm on windows 10, firmware 2.7, and I tried several new SD cards. I formatted it through the interface, erased the original fstab and added the edited above and rebooted the pineapple nano but still doesn't seem to mount and show on my interface. I want to download modules but SD card is not showing up at all. 

I would appreciate anyone's help! Thanks

I just got my nano about 5 days ago, and my sd card mounted. I am using a ScanDisk 32gb. I used the GUI on my Nano, and Format the card. Working perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

It works!

Here's my 2 cents.  I found the same problem with the 2.7.0 firmware not being able to format SD and mount it properly using default settings.  I tried a bunch of things: resetting the firmware, using official SD Format utility to format the micro SD card and then reformat with utility in nano web interface, adding some of the fstab modifications other people here suggested.  Nothing seemed to work.

So, I decided to pop the freshly formatted(using nano web interface) card out of my nano and take a closer look at the partitions using gparted in linux.  In my case, 2GB micro SD card, I found two partitions taking approximately 1 GB each but both indicated an unrecognized filesystem format.  Fortunately I had looked at the pineapple SD partitions a while ago and remembered the first partition was linux-swap and the second was ext(4?). 

To fix the SD partitions (In my case sdb1 and sdb2) for nano, I formatted the sdb2 to linux-swap and the sdb1 to ext4.  (Note: for some reason sdb2 appears on the left side of the graphical display in gparted and sdb2 appears on the right which seems backwards.) 

Then I put the micro SD card back in my nano and rebooted. 

Seems to work fine now.

I do wonder about using a journaling filesystem (ext4) on an sd card.  Maybe another filesystem would be a better choice and still mount on the nano.  Same goes for swap.  Is it necessary or even good to put one on a solid state device like an sd card?

On 7/31/2020 at 11:44 AM, five said:

It works!

Here's my 2 cents.  I found the same problem with the 2.7.0 firmware not being able to format SD and mount it properly using default settings.  I tried a bunch of things: resetting the firmware, using official SD Format utility to format the micro SD card and then reformat with utility in nano web interface, adding some of the fstab modifications other people here suggested.  Nothing seemed to work.

So, I decided to pop the freshly formatted(using nano web interface) card out of my nano and take a closer look at the partitions using gparted in linux.  In my case, 2GB micro SD card, I found two partitions taking approximately 1 GB each but both indicated an unrecognized filesystem format.  Fortunately I had looked at the pineapple SD partitions a while ago and remembered the first partition was linux-swap and the second was ext(4?). 

To fix the SD partitions (In my case sdb1 and sdb2) for nano, I formatted the sdb2 to linux-swap and the sdb1 to ext4.  (Note: for some reason sdb2 appears on the left side of the graphical display in gparted and sdb2 appears on the right which seems backwards.) 

Then I put the micro SD card back in my nano and rebooted. 

Seems to work fine now.

I do wonder about using a journaling filesystem (ext4) on an sd card.  Maybe another filesystem would be a better choice and still mount on the nano.  Same goes for swap.  Is it necessary or even good to put one on a solid state device like an sd card?

This worked like a charm for me.  Thank you!
Note: when I formatted my SD card using the nano utility, it only created the Linux-Swap partition.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I'm facing the same problem but with a tricky variant.

Each time I reboot the Pineaple Nano the sdcard is in a new dev source

Starting with sda1 and sda2 then sdb1 and sdb2....

I change the fstab config but it's useless because the mouting source changes

Anyone has faced the same issue? 

• 4 months later...

just bought Nano this week.

I updated to firmware 2.7

I have the same issue than McVillano : the sdcard is unstable and not usable

"ls -ld /dev/sd*" will show "/dev/sda" then 10 seconds later "/dev/sdb" then 10 seconds later "/dev/sdc" or "/dev/sda" again ...

"dmesg" reveals some errors on sd*

is there a solution ? Or do i have to request a refund ?

Have you tried other SD cards or just one? In what way is the card formatted? Where did you buy the Nano? It's not possible to buy the Nano via the Hak5 shop anymore, is it any authorized reseller?

I've never had any issues using SD cards with my Nano, try the method I'm using and see if it makes any difference. If you're on Windows (or Mac), try using the official formatting utility for SD cards

https://forums.hak5.org/topic/53331-wifi-pineapple-nano-sd-card-not-detecting/?do=findComment&comment=333618

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

• 2 weeks later...

I tried with 2 sdcard (4gb and 8gb) and they become corrupted after beeing formatted by the Nano.

Then I bought a new one (32 GB).
It was already formatted (vfat) and was recognized directly by the Nano.

Thinking of doing well, I formatted it using the Nano's web GUI.
!! ERROR !! I got back in the same situation as my 2 previous sdcard.

I spent a lot of time trying to recover a valid partition table with fdisk, gdisk and gparted.
Finally I formatted the card in ext4 with my Linux computer (only one partition, without swap).

Now it works.

The quick response is: DO NOT USE THE NANO SDCARD FORMAT TOOL.

Archived