mark v pineapple wifi never shows up or connects, even with ethernet

ghostheadx2

I try typing in the ip address with the port, like 172.16.42.1:1471 and clicking enter until the cows come home and it never shows up anymore... At least, almost never. It hasn't shown up in the browser or wifi in several hours. I can't ping the device, even with the ethernet chord connected. I am wondering if a USB-Male-A to USB-A-Male would solve the problem or if I need to fix it over wifi. Ethernet light is on on the pineapple itself.

I was playing around trying to be able to connect to the wifi pineapple via wifi again, and I screwed up my ethernet by accident. The only adapter I can diagnose that has something wrong is ethernet. Here is my network adapters:

Screenshot%2069_zpskupwp873.png

Here is the error I get when trying to diagnose it:

Screenshot%2070_zpsl9h3uhmu.png

And when I try to fix it as an administrator:

Screenshot%2071_zpsgasvnsna.png

Does anyone know if THIS might work? I am scared of trying it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-hardware/how-do-i-replace-my-tcpip-protocol-driver/2d5eaf70-bd3e-40ab-ae11-b6c5110ab8df

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

How do I get ethernet protocol again, or fix whatever the problem is?

Edited by ghostheadx2

I thought the USB port in the pineapple could connect to the laptop instead of ethernet in the meantime.

Nope. USB on the MKV is for connecting devices to it, not for connecting it to computers. Running power into the usb port could break the pineapple.

Edited by barry99705

I fixed it. First I fixed the Ethernet issue by using a program I downloaded called FixWin, the version for windows 10. I then applied all of the networking fixes and restarted my computer. Then, once Ethernet was working, I bridged the adapters and replicated the physical connection state and got it working even over wifi, as well as Ethernet.