The app only guides you through tethering and finding the Pineapple's tethered IP address.

If you cannot tether, just connect to the WiFi Pineapple NANO over WiFi and browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471.

You aren't missing out on any features, except of course android ICS.

I'll be releasing a new version soonish that will make use of USB OTG, but it will most likely require root. Getting ICS working is not easy because of the way android forces only one interface to be used.

I have worked with some of the Nethunter folks to integrate the nano into that environment, but sadly it isn't as straight forward as it used to be.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Just setup the Pineapple NANO. With my new Android I can use USB Tethering and the Pineapple Connector App. With my burner (HTC One), upgraded to Android 5 I can choose USB Tethering, but it acts as I didn't turned it on!? It's not the SIM card, since I tried to use the SIM card from my other phone I used to setup the NANO with and it still didn't work. What can I do? Please help. It wasn't any cheap burner phone so really want it to work...

Just setup the Pineapple NANO. With my new Android I can use USB Tethering and the Pineapple Connector App. With my burner (HTC One), upgraded to Android 5 I can choose USB Tethering, but it acts as I didn't turned it on!? It's not the SIM card, since I tried to use the SIM card from my other phone I used to setup the NANO with and it still didn't work. What can I do? Please help. It wasn't any cheap burner phone so really want it to work...

What carrier? Some carriers require an additional fee for tethering -- does yours? Are you using a data capable USB cable (the one provided with the Pineapple Juice 4000 is not)? Can you tether the same phone to your computer?

What carrier? Some carriers require an additional fee for tethering -- does yours? Are you using a data capable USB cable (the one provided with the Pineapple Juice 4000 is not)? Can you tether the same phone to your computer?

Darren, as I said in the previous post it worked fine when I put the SIM card to my other phone with the USB data cable, but doesn't with the HTC One M7 (the burner I bought just for this).

I even stayed up all night rooting my HTC One with CyanogenMod. The Pineapple App still doesn't recognise the USB Tethering BUT IT WORKS since I can connect to the Pineapple WiFi connection from another phone, then browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471 and login wirelessly. The problem is therefore the App that doesn't recognise the USB tethering so I can't login directly from the HTC. I have to use 2 phones for it to work.

Darren, as I said in the previous post it worked fine when I put the SIM card to my other phone with the USB data cable, but doesn't with the HTC One M7 (the burner I bought just for this).

I even stayed up all night rooting my HTC One with CyanogenMod. The Pineapple App still doesn't recognise the USB Tethering BUT IT WORKS since I can connect to the Pineapple WiFi connection from another phone, then browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471 and login wirelessly. The problem is therefore the App that doesn't recognise the USB tethering so I can't login directly from the HTC. I have to use 2 phones for it to work.

The HTC One is probably not recognized by the USB ModeSwitch module if it only works partly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The modules are still being ported to the new version. This would be a great time to learn to do some things without needing modules. I could help you out if you'd like.

I wouldn't mind a bit of help with my nano and my mk5.

What is holding up the modules on the nano, ? Are we waiting for the module developers to re code or HAK5 to allow them to ? I feel like the momentum is fading...

@Kalijane The main thing holding up modules is the fact that the Nano is still in development and evaluation phase and as it has been put out there will be a firmware update pushed out at some point this week that will update the Modules section and begin the flow from developers to consumers. I'm not quite sure how momentum is fading... but to each their own.

I for one am waiting for my Tetra to start porting my infusions to modules. I already have a new idea for another module and since all I have is a MKV I'm currently building it on that so I can port it to the new interface once I get my Tetra. It will take time for modules to be released but rest assured the developers are working on them when we have the time.

That's right, modules have to ported to the NANO / TERA and it takes time....

At the moment, I'm porting all the modules I've done for the MK5 and I'm posting in the forum a dedicated thread when a module is ready. But, again, it takes time, and I'm doing it during my free time.

Please be patient, it will be great :wink:

• Upvote 2

At the moment, I'm porting all the modules I've done for the MK5 and I'm posting in the forum a dedicated thread when a module is ready.

If the modules in the forum are ready, would it be possible to send or link a tar for manual install? I found some Nano modules on Github and installed them just to start playing with them. Alas, I found none of yours. =(

@Kalijane The main thing holding up modules is the fact that the Nano is still in development and evaluation phase and as it has been put out there will be a firmware update pushed out at some point this week that will update the Modules section and begin the flow from developers to consumers. I'm not quite sure how momentum is fading... but to each their own.

Momentum isn't slowing down - it has stayed about the same. The mkV has a ton of modules developed by only a handful of people over the course of a couple years it takes time for us to move them over and I'm sure most, if not all, of the module developers have full time jobs that are not the pineapple.

Momentum isn't slowing down - it has stayed about the same. The mkV has a ton of modules developed by only a handful of people over the course of a couple years it takes time for us to move them over and I'm sure most, if not all, of the module developers have full time jobs that are not the pineapple.

Very true. One of the reasons I'm upset the Tetra deliveries got delayed is because soon I'll be on a business trip for a few weeks. Hopefully I'll have time to work on my modules while I'm gone.

At the moment, as the firmware has some issues with packages (i.e. opkg update errors, packages dependencies not available yet, etc.), I prefer releasing them with the next firmware update to avoid questions related to the firmware and not to the modules.

If the modules in the forum are ready, would it be possible to send or link a tar for manual install? I found some Nano modules on Github and installed them just to start playing with them. Alas, I found none of yours. =(

Regarding the module's I've got. I don't have a Nano yet, once I get one I'll work on porting the modules over.

Instead I've focused on starting to write a new module, that will be a command line infusion/module that will act as an agent to get information from Wigle. Since its command-line, it will work also on older pineapples. But the module (GUI) is planned as well.

thanks!

Good evening Hak5!

It was mentioned in a previous thread that you guys were required to accept the modules that are written prior to OTA distribution...

Is that the case? I see quite a few that I am eager to begin experimenting with and was hoping that they were going to be Hak5 approved soon. Could you provide some insight?

Thank you kindly!

This is correct.

There are currently no modules pending approval though. Whistlemaster and I are working out a couple more things before his modules go up.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks Seb,

I saw the list of modules thinking they were all ready for release waiting for approval.

Truly enjoy the product, can't wait to see the tetra back on sale!

Take care,

Laststand

I received my Nano about a week ago. I am wondering if any of the modules are available for the Nano at the moment. I see that there are three but how about things like SSLStrip. Can modules such as this as well as the others be used on the Nano? I haven't found any instruction on how to download and use these through the Nano interface.

J Mothersbaugh

All modules have been sent and should be available very soon (except SSLstrip, SSLsplit and p0f) !

Help topics have been unlocked, please use them to report bugs or ask questions on usage, thanks !

Please note that the modules need firmware >= 1.0.4

Edited by Whistle Master
  • Upvote 2