Weird Problem - Possibly Bricked

jtfry01

Ok, here's my problem. A friend borrowed my Mark V and I don't think he knew what he was doing. When I try to power up the Pineapple, the Green light stays on constantly, and the Red and Blue lights come on but very dimly.

I am able to connect a Serial TTL adapter to the Pineapple. If I boot it up with the first dip switch in the down position, the following is displayed in the Serial TTL session:

▒Hornet USB booting...
VID=0xcf3,PID=0x9330
iManufacturer=0x10,iProduct=0x20,iSerialNumber=0x30
bMaxPower=0xfa
-> COLD_START
bUSBPhyBias=0x3
RUN

And if I set dip switches 1 and 4 to down, the following is displayed:

▒Hornet GMAC booting...
ROM>:mdio download ready

My friend mentioned something about messing with the boot loader or firmware, but I'm not exactly sure what he did to it! I would LOVE to get this working again. I'm pretty good with embedded systems and electronics, so if someone could guide me on what to do, I am confident that I can get it back up and running. I have a feeling it's just rewriting the boot loader or firmware back on the flash memory, but I'm not sure how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

I've tried every "unbricking" instruction on the forums and everything I can find on the net. I think this is related to the bootloader code being gone. I'm not sure how to reflash the bootloader. Changing the settings on the dip switches doesn't do anything.

Sebkinne: I've tried with the dip switches in every possible position.

m40295: Yes, I received the message and tried it with a different power supply (actually from another pineapple) and it still had the same results.

The lights do not blink at all, and changing the dip switches has no effect on the device.

• 8 months later...

The Dip switches do nothing, except for that 4 DOWN Always shows the

�Hornet GMAC booting...
ROM>:mdio download ready       

and that 1 DOWN shows

�Hornet USB booting...
VID=0xcf3,PID=0x9330                                                                                         iManufacturer=0x10,iProduct=0x20,iSerialNumber=0x30                                                         bMaxPower=0xfa                                                                                               -> COLD_START                                                                                               bUSBPhyBias=0x3                                                                                             RUN        

but only if 4 is down. 4 takes priority :P

and that's it. I can't get to do anything.

What probably caused this is that an entire flash was executed (flash all) over the console, and since then it has been like this.

• 7 months later...