Alternative for Symantec Endpoint Management

Den_Olli

Open source AV is not as good an idea as you think it is since nobody is paid to keep it up to date. I heard once about Clam AV, or something, but it was really cheap and not a good solution. I just buy an unlimited version of AVG, and then I can install on an unlimited number of devices. I would presume it would be ok for a business setting or something. The AV I bought is a little more expensive than some alternatives, but it is about $ 75 or so, and once a year is not that bad a price to pay for a little more security.

I'm indeed looking for an alternative to deploy software across all systems on his/her network. but not all systems have to get the same software. What I really want is when an user for example calls me to request to get Visio, then I would like to be able to install this remotely without any interaction of the user (just like Altiris does).

@overwraith, AV's is an other story over here that I try to push in the good direction ;)