What are you listening to?

vailixi

I'm a metal head so whatever I'm listening to, that'll be the genre. During hacking/working/stuff I need to focus for I tend to go for energetic, up-beat but not particularly catchy stuff, and most definitely nothing I can sing along to. I love technically complex metal such as Ne Obliviscaris or Gojira when I the music is allowed to be at the forefront, but when I hear it I want to really pay attention to it and we can't have that. So I end up with relatively simple stuff like Children Of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Graveworm, Bolt Thrower, Made Of Hate, Insomnium, Soilwork, In Flames, Brujeria, Kataklysm, Amon Amarth, Aborted or The Excrementory Grindfuckers, to name a few.

Edited by cooper

Checked out Babymetal... It's... something.

I think you'd get a kick out of

. What they do with a traditional shamisen isn't something you see other people do often if at all.

I'm a metal head so whatever I'm listening to, that'll be the genre. During hacking/working/stuff I need to focus for I tend to go for energetic, up-beat but not particularly catchy stuff, and most definitely nothing I can sing along to. I love technically complex metal such as Ne Obliviscaris or Gojira when I the music is allowed to be at the forefront, but when I hear it I want to really pay attention to it and we can't have that. So I end up with relatively simple stuff like Children Of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Graveworm, Bolt Thrower, Made Of Hate, Insomnium, Soilwork, In Flames, Brujeria, Kataklysm, Amon Amarth, Aborted or The Excrementory Grindfuckers, to name a few.

Ne Obliviscaris == Awsome!

I've gotten some interesting tips from this thread!

As someone who is easily distracted I make a distinction between music for listening and music for working. I find metal too distracting.

For work lately I enjoy The Crystal Method which I think is a bit in the Prodigy department but faster and less sticking out. Eisenfunk is also a favorite. (They have song titles like SHUTDOWN -R NOW)

Edited by Guest

babymetal is like kpop on a meth laced acid hit! love it! lol (the music, not the drugs)

I'm all over the place when it comes to music, but I think that's because I used to be in a band. I listen to everything from Death Metal, to Blues, to Jazz, Noise Core, ambient and instrumentals, BPM, Industrial to pop and a little country rock(real country like Johnny Cash and Hank III, not that Shania Twain stuff). I also listen to a lot of Christian rock, although might not look like it with my other selections of music.

Bands:

Ozzy

Metallica

Korn

Soulfly

Pantera

Skinny Puppy

NIN

Skrillex

Johnny Cash

Hank III

Keb Mo

Ry Cooder

SRV

My Chemical Romance

Queen

Pink Floyd

Thelonious Monk

Vince Guaraldi

​Dave Brubeck

Fiona Apple

Cypress Hill

NF (check out Intro on YouTube)

Manafest

Thousand Foot Krutch

Redneck Manifesto

Zee Avi

I'd be here all day but that's just a few.

Edited by digip

This is so awesome. Because I referenced The Browning in this thread I decided to see if they might be touring anytime soon and as it turns out they've just started a big european tour and will be performing at a venue not too far from here at the end of november. Got my tickets already. :smile:

WAAH! I just can't believe my luck. I decided to see if

might be touring and they'll be at a place not far from here a few days before christmas.

I *SO* need to get my hands on some lottery tickets...

My favorite genres are Metalcore and Folk. My favorite band is August Burns Red and they are my normal choice of music for programming / hacking (also everything else I do). While I listen to metalcore the most I enjoy all music except pop and country. Some of my typical choices for music other than ABR are As I Lay Dying, A Call to Sincerity, Novelists, Angel Vivaldi, Crowder (David Crowder*Band), Demon Hunter, The Lumineers, Underoath, and Anberlin.

My favorite genres are Metalcore and Folk. My favorite band is August Burns Red and they are my normal choice of music for programming / hacking (also everything else I do). While I listen to metalcore the most I enjoy all music except pop and country. Some of my typical choices for music other than ABR are As I Lay Dying, A Call to Sincerity, Novelists, Angel Vivaldi, Crowder (David Crowder*Band), Demon Hunter, The Lumineers, Underoath, and Anberlin.

Nice to see another Crowder fan.

I love industrial/goth/ebm when i'm doing all of the hackin'. One such track that I'm listening to now:

If you like it, let me know, I have plenty to share. Industrial is really great running music as well :grin: