[Module] clomac - Clone Clients MAC address into WAN interface

Darren Kitchen

LAN Turtle user Shad contributed the module clomac.

Clone Clients MAC address into WAN interface

https://github.com/ShadGIT

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/user/51465-shad/

It's now available from modulemanager. I've created this thread for module support and discussion. Great module Shad!

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much Darren! Glad to contribute to this great project :)

Clomac (and the other two modules) haven't had much extensive testing as they are almost initial versions I made in the last couple of days. They do work for me as intended in my tests though, but I would appreciate some feedback in possible scenarios where they don't work and/or additional features that would be desired.

Also, if they are "just working" for someone I would like to hear about it even if you don't know what else to change/add.

• 6 months later...

Some feedback on clomac.

This is a really great module I heavily depend on, as in the test environment I have deployed my turtle to, strict port security is used and I can easily get the switch port I am connecting to shut down if something is not right.

However, I am not getting the correct MAC cloned from the laptop I am using, which is an HP, with Intel 82577LM Gigabit.

So, I am expecting to see an HP MAC on eth1 of the turtle. Instead I am getting a realtek semiconductor MAC.

Any ideas how to debug this would be really appreciated. :-)