Kali 2.0

Ravenrx7

This thread has been a great read! Thanks to you all for being my early adopting guinea pigs. With all of these bugs and issues, do you guys see any reason to upgrade? I tried searching, but can't seem to find any "tent pole" features that warrant me suffering through all these problems. Old Kali is chugging along just fine. Thanks in advance,

telot

As long as your laptop is recent, it should be good to go. I'd check debian's compatibility charts first.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I backed up my important stuff, as it's a dual boot and was debating testing win 10 on the other as honestly 7 is just basic stuff and seasons of Ghost Adventures to watch downloaded

Gonna do a full Kali 2.0 fresh install then Win 10 and see if it messes up my Kali since I saw some complaints of Win 10 messing up nix partitions.

Haven't done it with Kali, but with Ubuntu, it broke grub, but that was easy to fix with a live CD/USB. Other than that, Windows 10 doesn't interact or affect it at all.

Haven't done it with Kali, but with Ubuntu, it broke grub, but that was easy to fix with a live CD/USB. Other than that, Windows 10 doesn't interact or affect it at all.

i tried the apt-get upgrade

apt-get dist-upgrade and it broke everything as others in this thread did.

thankfully data backed and wiped windows completely from my lappy for kali 2.0 usb install and after the typical apt-get fixes runs like a beast so no looking back,

bit of a learning curve on some typical stuff though same with nethunter.

• 1 month later...