PA Juice 15000 - simultaniously charging and discharging?

Yummi

Somebody has experience with the rather new Juice 15000 battery?

Info at

http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/wifi-pineapple-kits/products/wifi-pineapple-mark-v-ultra-bundle

tells us:

The Pineapple Juice 15000 is capable of simultaneous charge and discharge. When plugged into a power source via its Micro USB Input port the two USB-A ports remain operational.
My experience is different. When I connect my battery, meanwhile powering my Pa (Pineapple), to a charger (my Ipad-charger, so enough power), the green led on the Pa is dimming and the Pa stops working (as seen by SSH or the web interface).
No difference if I feed my Pa from the 2.1 A or the 1 A outlet.
Minor questions: the small button on the Juice 15000. What exactly its purpose? Only to check battery charge status or is there more? Why these leds are flashing when I use my battery for powering Pa?
Regards,
Yummi

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also love to see an answer to the above post too.

I have two Pineapple Juice 15000's. Charged both over night and the lights on the side are full and not flashing. I believe they are fully charged. They charge pretty much anything I connect to them except my wifi pineapple. Nothing. I'm still trying to figure out if it's the batteries or the power adapter that goes between the two, because the wifi pa works great when plugged into the wall.

Hmmm not had any issues with my 15000s not powering my Pineapple, in fact it ran my Pineapple and charged my Nexus 7 at the same time.

Haven't tried the simultaneous charging and running Pineapple off it at the same time just due to the fact never been limited by outlets when at home doing both, will give it a shot and report back.

I'd also love to see an answer to the above post too.

I have two Pineapple Juice 15000's. Charged both over night and the lights on the side are full and not flashing. I believe they are fully charged. They charge pretty much anything I connect to them except my wifi pineapple. Nothing. I'm still trying to figure out if it's the batteries or the power adapter that goes between the two, because the wifi pa works great when plugged into the wall.

If it's not powering your WiFi Pineapple it's likely the DC Barrel to USB cable. Contact Sara at shop@hak5.org and we'll get you a replacement high gauge cable.

Somebody has experience with the rather new Juice 15000 battery?

Info at

http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/wifi-pineapple-kits/products/wifi-pineapple-mark-v-ultra-bundle

tells us:

The Pineapple Juice 15000 is capable of simultaneous charge and discharge. When plugged into a power source via its Micro USB Input port the two USB-A ports remain operational.
My experience is different. When I connect my battery, meanwhile powering my Pa (Pineapple), to a charger (my Ipad-charger, so enough power), the green led on the Pa is dimming and the Pa stops working (as seen by SSH or the web interface).
No difference if I feed my Pa from the 2.1 A or the 1 A outlet.
Minor questions: the small button on the Juice 15000. What exactly its purpose? Only to check battery charge status or is there more? Why these leds are flashing when I use my battery for powering Pa?
Regards,
Yummi

Thanks for catching this Yummi. We recently switched battery vendors for the Pineapple Juice 15000 and this feature was dropped for the current production run in order to get them here in time for DEF CON. Unfortunately I failed to update the site by mistake. Please accept my apology and feel free to contact Sara and I at shop@hak5.org and darren@hak5.org for either a discount code or partial refund if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - I received a Juice 15000 a couple of days ago and am seeing a similar thing. It appeared to charge at first, but then it wasn't full after several hours so I left it charging overnight. When I checked in the morning, the indicator shows it completely drained. :( Since there was nothing connected but the incoming power (i.e. I wasn't charging anything from it), seems like it's not OK.