Kali Linux help.....

Apparition

Hey guys! I have been trying to get my wifi adapter setup in kali linux for a week now and I cannot get it to work. I have researched day after day about what I may be doing wrong but I can not figure out what it is so I decided to post. Maybe one of you know what the problem could be.

Virtual box installed

Kali installed

update/upgrade done

guest additions installed

For my network I have tried to install the usb wifi adapter and bridged the network with the adapter and neither one works. In the terminal it shows up, wlan0, but in the actual connections it does not give me any options to connect to any networks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

post-51232-0-58729600-1438628926_thumb.j

post-51232-0-44074200-1438628988_thumb.j

What's up with those hardware addresses in the second image? Are you running this from vmware and is the host in control of the USB device which you somehow told vmware to expose to the virtual within? If so, disconnect and then reconnect the USB device so that it gets detected by Kali.

What's up with those hardware addresses in the second image? Are you running this from vmware and is the host in control of the USB device which you somehow told vmware to expose to the virtual within? If so, disconnect and then reconnect the USB device so that it gets detected by Kali.

I'm thinking the same thing.