Print to a non-airprint printer from iPhone and iPad?

vailixi

On of the guys I work for wanted to print some documents from his iPhone and iPad. I started looking up software. Seems only a few printers work with iPhone and iPad. I would have thought that any network attached printer would work. But they are not all airprint compatible. The printer he's wanting to print to is a LaserJet P2030 series. I wasn't sure if there was an app that would work for this. There is a Windows machine there as well. So I had thought about setting file sharing betweent he phone and and Windows machine so he could drag and drop the documents to the PC and use a VNC viewer to print from Windows but that is a lot more steps than just printing from the iPhone.

So is there an easy work around for this? :huh:

Ah airprint, or how Apple wants to make sure you throw more money at them.

I've had this issue in a few schools I support where we have more teachers wanting to print from ipads. In short, there is no free way to do it.

Few options discussed here:

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-print-wirelessly-from-your-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch/