General Lan Turtle Discussion

Mr-Protocol

In the dmesg output I posted above they're were some USB errors, when plugged into a different port, the output of dmesg reads:

[28802.157429] usb 2-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 10 using ehci-pci
[28802.244972] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=8152
[28802.244982] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[28802.244987] usb 2-1.2: Product: USB 10/100 LAN
[28802.244992] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: Realtek
[28802.244995] usb 2-1.2: SerialNumber: 00E04C36083D
[28802.321536] usb 2-1.2: reset high-speed USB device number 10 using ehci-pci
[28802.463845] r8152 2-1.2:1.0 eth0: v1.04.0 (2014/01/15)
[28802.536993] systemd-udevd[16336]: renamed network interface eth0 to enp0s29u1u2
[28802.557818] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enp0s29u1u2: link is not ready
[28804.160882] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): enp0s29u1u2: link becomes ready

In the dmesg output I posted above they're were some USB errors, when plugged into a different port, the output of dmesg reads:

[28802.157429] usb 2-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 10 using ehci-pci
[28802.244972] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=8152
[28802.244982] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[28802.244987] usb 2-1.2: Product: USB 10/100 LAN
[28802.244992] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: Realtek
[28802.244995] usb 2-1.2: SerialNumber: 00E04C36083D
[28802.321536] usb 2-1.2: reset high-speed USB device number 10 using ehci-pci
[28802.463845] r8152 2-1.2:1.0 eth0: v1.04.0 (2014/01/15)
[28802.536993] systemd-udevd[16336]: renamed network interface eth0 to enp0s29u1u2
[28802.557818] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enp0s29u1u2: link is not ready
[28804.160882] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): enp0s29u1u2: link becomes ready

Just to clarify, it still isn't working.

Just for giggles, try a different computer.

By some sort of Karma my girlfriend woke up and I asked her for her laptop password.

I tried, easily 14 times on my beloved Lenovo x220 running fedora to complete the unbricking process and it didnt work. My girlfriends crappy consumer-grade laptop running Windows 8 completed the unbricking process first time around.

Good News: My Lan Turtle is back.

Bad News: The world no-longer makes sense.

Well, tbh, the world never made a lot of sense, but now it makes less. Barry, thank you!

By some sort of Karma my girlfriend woke up and I asked her for her laptop password.

I tried, easily 14 times on my beloved Lenovo x220 running fedora to complete the unbricking process and it didnt work. My girlfriends crappy consumer-grade laptop running Windows 8 completed the unbricking process first time around.

Good News: My Lan Turtle is back.

Bad News: The world no-longer makes sense.

Well, tbh, the world never made a lot of sense, but now it makes less. Barry, thank you!

I sympathize with this statement. As soon as I think I have the world figured out, I end up using your girlfriends Windows 8 laptop to recover a borked box. Errr, something. :tongue:

Also for what it's worth, clear the browser cache before attempting recovery.

• Upvote 2

Hello every one, first off thanks to all who have made this possible. I received my Turtle a few days ago, was in class and started updating it over SSH. didnt pay it no mind, went on with class, loaded everything up and then today went to configure it. Received SSH timed out messages, went back to the 101 vid to make sure I had it all configured right. Now my laptop has 2 USB ports very close togeather, so I was using a 3 inch USB extension. even tried with out the extension. Plugged it into my tower and still nothing (tower: windows10 ultimate, laptop: win8.1base). Found discussions on unbricking the turtle, At first I was hesitant, but I pressed forward. Unbricked it thru tower, attached it to Laptop to test it, no responce... Put back into tower and was able to SSH into it... placed back into laptop (with out extension) and noticed after up date getting 2 sets of flashes on yellow light then goes away. Able to SSH into it now. Dont know what happened originally if the school shut a port on their network cancelling the update or if I killed it mid update, but it works now, and im going to show it off! So moral of the post, slow down and breathe, take note of your enviroment, and take chances too!

• 1 month later...

Couple of turtles on order.

Cannot wait till they get here to have a play.

Just so I know where Im going after initial setup... If I deploy the turtle in the powered by plug but with ether net access fashion... I can then ssh onto it, can I sniff all traffic on the network? Maybe metasploit my laptop on the same network and pivot to that?

The prospects are fantastic and I'm going to have a lot of fun learning with this device.

Thanks everyone who made it possible.

Also.... when are you getting the new pinapple v back in stock?! I have the old one and can't wait to try out the new tech!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just had to recover my "Lan Turetle" :grin:

hadn't used it in a while and forgot/accidentally deleted the root password from my password manager DOH!

This made me smile though, so had to share :cool: ..

LanTuretle.PNG

Hey all!

Just want to say how AWESOME the Lan Turtle is!!

The possible great things you can do are endless!!!!!

Also just to add, it seems the openwrt mirrors are down for barrier_breaker.

I had to update my opkg.conf file with this mirror.

dest root /

dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
And all seemingly worked fine.
Great work !!! =D

• 2 weeks later...

Helows...

I'm new to this whole thing.

I have a LAN Turtle. Modules are installed, and ready to config the openvpn module.

I get this menu proment were i can type in everything what i want, but idk what to type in to config the openvpn i use.

I have to use a globale server (vpnbook-euro1-tcp80) and the client has a vpn connection. but how i do this to the turtle?

I hope someon can help me ;v;

greets wesley (so creative)

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Sorry if this not the correct place to post this.  I recently received my Lan Turtle and followed Daren's video.  I can connect the device and everything seems fine until I try to update the Turtle.  It says update found and then I get the follow error.  I would really appreciate any help.  I am running Windows 10 with Putty. Error.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey Guys

Iḿ using the Turtle a while now.

Its a real good Device, makes fun.

Is here anything going on ? ... here...

I got several Questions / Problems with the Turtle .

The first is that there is no option to get a persistent https meterpreter back from it ....

And all others DIE ... or not Starting up (Https meterpreter)

Are these common problems? i am using a domain as LISTERNER , but it works for all my payloads , also the stagerless payload from the modules... it connects, but on Interacting it crashes down and never comes back.

I have tried all the Meterpreter Modules ,  they are shitty :-) sorry for that , but fact.

am i able to ad my own script to bootup on turtle ? so i can put on my own payload to execute on boot ? on the turtle?

can u help or advice me :-) i just want the turtle to be my meterpreter in the middle :-)

all other meterpreters set to this domain are running fine ... so itÅ› not the domain, connection thing .

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

in addition to my old LAN turtle I purchased the LAN turtle SD. It's amazing to have the additional space for logs and dumps. However, is there a specific firmware for the SD version? I did a factory reset with the binary from https://downloads.lanturtle.com/ and now the SD specifics have vanished.

Cheers and thanks for your help!

• 6 months later...
52 minutes ago, Skull_Script said:

I just got my first Turtle! (It's also my first Hak5 product and I am so excited!) Unfortunately whenever I try to update it, it just freezes, does anybody know what that could be from?

Welcome to the Hak5 Gear ? have you got the turtle online? plugged the LAN port into router or used the ICS script maybe? you can check by SSH into the Turtle and ping something like 8.8.8.8

Edited by Just_a_User

On 6/2/2018 at 2:06 AM, Skull_Script said:

Yes I have used the LAN port to plug it into the router and it is online for sure

Wait, what about the lan turtle date/time? think i have been caught out with that before. SSH in check date/time with date command and if off set it correctly then try again. If that doesnt solve the update issue i would start looking at a manual upgrade or worst case a factory reset (requires opening so last resort really). Let us know how you got on.

• 1 month later...

I just received my Lan Turtle today, however, I'm having some issues, it wont register/connect to my windows 10 nor linux computer. I decided to see whether I can debrick it and opened it up but to my surprised, found no button to press for flashing. It also seems I bought the newer SD card one as opposed to the older version. Anyone else have this happen? Any advice?