Mount tripid, yagi and pineapple (and juice?)

I've searched the forum and not found a spec for building the yagi antenna mount with tripod etc as displayed in the Hak5 store images. I live in UK so am planning to buy a tripod from Amazon along with the antenna (from somewhere local). My question is, please - can I just buy any camera tripod mount and adapt it for the dual yagi use with pineapple all mounted snugly on there? Or are there some easy tips to follow to make setup easier? Thanks!

Looks like a standard camera tripod.

Get you a length of pipe, if it's short, pvc would even work, if not, use a 1" or so piece of electrical conduit.

Drill a 1/4" hole through the center of the pipe.

Use a 1/4-20 by however long bolt to attach the pipe to the tripod.

Pretty sure the antennas come with the U bolts, so just reposition them so you can attach them to the pipe.

It would be best to mount the antennas to the pipe before attaching to the tripod. That way you can set the whole shebang on a table to keep them aligned with each other.

Pineapple is just tip tied or velcroed to the tripod.

Edited by barry99705

You can also use a tap and die on the base plate of the yagi to attach it to the quick release part of the camera tripod. Personally I'm waiting on my yagis from China atm, but have my tripod and can share how I put it all together with 2 yagis and a mount for the pineapple, a battery and or a reaver pro ii.

• 2 weeks later...

It's mainly the actual head piece on the tripod, it's just a bit too much weight for it once I go to a certain point of a forward angle.

Pretty much was a cheap project to do.

The 2 Yagis were about $25 direct from China.

The tripod I think was around $10.

The piece of PVC about $3.25.

The Scotch banding straps about $3.50.

I had to buy a tap and drill bits and a tap wrench which was about $22 since I didn't have them handy.

Think I'm going to go to my local photo store and try to find a more heavy tripod this week though.

All the parts break down fairly quickly and fit in a tripod bag I got for around $9 so nice and portable.

It's mainly the actual head piece on the tripod, it's just a bit too much weight for it once I go to a certain point of a forward angle.

Pretty much was a cheap project to do.

The 2 Yagis were about $25 direct from China.

The tripod I think was around $10.

The piece of PVC about $3.25.

The Scotch banding straps about $3.50.

I had to buy a tap and drill bits and a tap wrench which was about $22 since I didn't have them handy.

Think I'm going to go to my local photo store and try to find a more heavy tripod this week though.

All the parts break down fairly quickly and fit in a tripod bag I got for around $9 so nice and portable.

Surely the default antenna's on the pineapple are better than the cheap yagi's ?

Can you do some comparison's, would be interested in the results.

Surely the default antenna's on the pineapple are better than the cheap yagi's ?

Can you do some comparison's, would be interested in the results.

Sure, but the default antennas are omni-directional where as yagis are highly directional.

Pretty sure they're the same yagi that they offer in the store here, just direct from the chinese factory.

They're supposed to be around 16 dbi.

Heh, reminds me of this.

2010-02-05%25252018.02.18.jpg

This was from the first Shmoocon I ever went to. Also the first time I met Darren. One of the guys I was hanging with was on the city wide wifi project for Philly. He brought one of the radios so we had our own personal secure wifi in the bar/lobby of the hotel.

Sure, but the default antennas are omni-directional where as yagis are highly directional.

Pretty sure they're the same yagi that they offer in the store here, just direct from the chinese factory.

They're supposed to be around 16 dbi.

would be interested in the result's. I never got one due to many people saying there crap, but i guess depends how you use it.