Linksys WRT54G and Raspberry Pi = diy pwnplug

deadlyhabit

So just started this hack/mod today.

I'm going to embed and integrate a kali nix raspberry pi in the case of a WRT54G.

Already found a way to split power from the wall wart.

WonderinG if including an alfa (case size restricting) that takes over one of the antennas is worth it.

Want some ideas while I work on this.

I have decided, my current router setup is a raspberry pi kali install... I feel its time to upgrade to something with more network speed.. 100 mbps is not really enough...

Maybe a 12v machine with nvidia...

Heh, my current firewall/router

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Current: 2667 MHz, Max: 2668 MHz
 4052 MB RAM

Heh, my current firewall/router

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Current: 2667 MHz, Max: 2668 MHz
 4052 MB RAM

Is this a desktop?

I found on the kali websie they advertise there support for a device called 'trim slice' looks slick

If you want, I have a spare PcDuino 3 Nano.

Not much CPU but GbE and the ability to fill it. Plus it's still 5v and powered using the same USB plug as the Pi.

Maybe I didn't layout my idea well enough. After taking apart a WRT54g I noticed more than enough room for a raspberry pi board and maybe more.

I figured with some clever soldering and scripting I could have an apparently normal looking WRT54g with a full pi kali board in it that could be accessed by ssh or transmit and execute pentesting automatically and send results based off net connection to the router itself.

The biigest headaches in the idea was using just the 12v wall wart to the 5v needed for the pi and hopefully the alfa usb card.

First issue I solved by this part:http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBYWING-RC-UBEC-5V-6V-3A-Max-5A-Lowest-RF-Noise-BEC-/321776973611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aeb66f72b which will allow the pi to run off the 12v wall wart.

Second issue internet from router plug to pi: simple (well maybe not so simple) one ended cat5 cord soldered to circuit board connections of the WRT54g.

Third issue: potential cooling if I incorporate an alfa card as they can put off some heat especially if pushed to 30db tx power. Solution internal heatsink, removing the alfa from the casing, and hopefully an internal 12v low noise fan to blow out the excess heat.

Fourth issue: if incorporating alfa card how to make its antenna discrete. Solution: desolder one of the WRT54g antenna connections and place a proper RMA connecter to housing of the WRT54g and a small patchcable internally. Thus the router has one antenna and the alfa another.

The rest I hope (and believe) will be scripting and a bit of code work.

I intend to use Tomato firmware on the router so shouldn't be too bad.

Otherwise I intend this to seemingly look like a normal WRT45g with full internet accesible via ssh kali, and some automated scripts like a pwnplug.

3. What does the WRT already bring in terms of venting holes?

4. I think you mean SMA connector, and why bother? You need a chunk of coax with an SMA on one end for the Alfa and just solder the other side to the existing plug of the antenna on the inside of the WRT. Or am I missing something here?

Whatever you do: pics pics pics!

What would really be the bee's knees would be to remove the 4 ports off the wrt, solder them to a 5 port switch, hook the 5th to a pineapple board, use a couple sma to rp-tnc bulkhead pigtails, and make it look like a normal wrt-54g, but really be a pineapple! The whole thing should run off the standard wrt wall wart.

The cables I found are rp-sma, so you'd need a couple adapters.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got some of my parts and the Pi in the mail and so far soldering from the 12V power point to the adapter I bought and soldering it to mini USB has no problems with powering the Pi.

This is the part http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBYWING-RC-UBEC-5V-6V-3A-Max-5A-Lowest-RF-Noise-BEC-/321776973611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aeb66f72b

So step one is good.