Who is Mr. Robot?

Garda

10 minutes ago, MDNegan said:

I know its a tv show ,but its surprises me how,,,,close to reality the show can be sometimes,i suspect even they may not know how realistic it maybe,so answer to the question,Who is Mr .Robot?...I am.....YOU ARE.......WE ARE MR ROBOT!

They hired a technical consultant who works with the writers. Season one had him but they didn't have the setup of real domains and hosts until season 2, which they now put real IP addresses in the show and LOTS of easter eggs. Season one's easter eggs were mostly things like Sam Esmail making appearances in scenes and such. Season two has some cool puzzles. For example, in the 80/90's episode with Alf, on the highway, all the street signs lined up spelled out an IP address to one of the servers you could actual go to owned by NBC Uni. studios. Reddit has a whole list of the, and I've been keeping a collection of them myself as I find them.

Edited by digip

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NotPike said:

Boo...

2nd season final was such a letdown! They just went full DBZ with that one. :/

I have to disagree. S1, E1, was my fav of season one, but S2 was better than S1 in my opinion. The actual stuff done, was way more on point, real commands, IP addresses, and so many easter eggs with good puzzles that tie things together, it keeps the storyline working online and fills in a lot of blanks.

Last episode was a cliffhanger leaving a lot of questions still unanswered, which of course is always going to frustrate people, but thats it's job to keep you coming back to see what happens next. At the end of the day, the show is still a drama, and we can't forget that it's still television and not real life.

8 hours ago, digip said:

I have to disagree. S1, E1, was my fav of season one, but S2 was better than S1 in my opinion. The actual stuff done, was way more on point, real commands, IP addresses, and so many easter eggs with good puzzles that tie things together, it keeps the storyline working online and fills in a lot of blanks.

Last episode was a cliffhanger leaving a lot of questions still unanswered, which of course is always going to frustrate people, but thats it's job to keep you coming back to see what happens next. At the end of the day, the show is still a drama, and we can't forget that it's still television and not real .

You disagree with me thinking it was a letdown? Ok :3

S2 was more fun then S1 but they lost me on how they ended S2. Kinda lazy IMO. But that's just me :3.

The way they brought S2 in with all it's twists, this should be expected by now. It's like Empire Strikes Back, you just found out after all this time Darth Vadar is Luke's dad, only now you have to wait to see what happens in the next movie. Mr. Robot is written really well. While a lot of season one seemed less hacking and more TV drama, it was like the setup for everything that is taking place now. I thought Tyrell was dead until 2 episodes ago, so this was thought out long before we got to this last episode. I'm going to say wait till S3 to understand, most we can do is speculate, which is what we did after S1, which was also a mindfuck and took us somewhere even darker in S2. I'm actually looking forward to S3 now to see how they tie all of it together. From what they've told us in interviews, all of the show has already been written, so unless they get poor ratings, this show isn't going to be dropped. Everything will eventually play out and keep us guessing, and I have a feeling, some of the easter eggs like S2, will start to fill in the blanks.

Has anyone solved any of them? Has anyone watched the VHS video that is the inspiration for the masks used in the show? So much side channel story like that I think Tyrell being alive and shooting Elliot is not as surprising at this point, given how much the creator of the show has messed with us this season.