Who is Mr. Robot?

Garda

I just caught 30 mins of this weeks episode and decided to turn it off. Series link has now been turned off for this program as well so unless i see this thread explode with hype that MR Robot has pull it back to topic at hand....... then im sure that's the way it will prob stay. As come on this TV series is not at all Tech related or "Hacking" related it just is not. The shows plots are so out of this world and non realistic it really does baffle me.

Had very high hopes for this and still wish it the best of luck in the future but for me its a no.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pilot episode was great but after that I'm not sure what happened, maybe they fired their writers? Maybe they stopped consulting actual professionals in the industry thinking that they "got this"? Whatever it the case its only going down hill but I spent $20 to watch this damn show so I'm going to watch the rest of it.

Episode 7 leaves a lot to question, what happed after Shaylas death, it just jumps over it like nothing happened, but it's kind of disjointed in how it jumps around anyway. The exec who strangled the woman seems like a whole tangent side show in itself and distracting, although he seemed like a hacker/tech savvy fellow, he seems weak and easy to push his buttons.

Anyone else find it interesting that if you remove the last 3 off of that IP Address it routes to a Chinese communications company, and, whiterabbit happens to be Chinese? They mention "following the white rabbit". Wonder if it's a game the hacker space is invited to follow in on

Given that last ep they stole more story from Star Wars than The Matrix.

Andaaaah.... when you put up a honeypot it's to attract attackers isn't the point to ensure said attackers DON'T know it's a honeypot (until it's too late)? Seems everyone and their pet poodle knows of its presence. And speaking poodles, where did the dog go?

Given that last ep they stole more story from Star Wars than The Matrix.

Andaaaah.... when you put up a honeypot it's to attract attackers isn't the point to ensure said attackers DON'T know it's a honeypot (until it's too late)? Seems everyone and their pet poodle knows of its presence. And speaking poodles, where did the dog go?

I was wondering the same thing 0.o

I hope we dont find out next week that this whole episode was just a dream like episode 4 or whatever one that was...

Nah. They're tying up loose ends or whatever to make the story make sense, and because you have to be unpredictable they felt the need to throw you this idiotic curve ball. Writer's probably patting himself on the back for that one.

Come to think of it, this seems like a tech-y version of a soap opera. Several story lines, tangentially related at best, that occasionally meet but for the most part stay as far apart as possible. And all the time things kinda progress but not really. From what I'm getting the data they want to destroy is at present in their storyline duplicated across 5 more datacenters. Yet they think they can still achieve their goal but very little has been explained about just how they want to do it.

The interesting question that's popped up in my head is, since apparently his dad DIDN'T die in some Evil Corp accident, why would he be doing any of this? Oh, and what a great father figure he is, pushing his son off a railing and landing him in the hospital. No hard feelings my ass, or is that just me?

My personal guess is that in the last ep we meet a character played by the same actress that did Shayla who is, like, her twin sister or something.

Ok so Mr. robot is a new show on USA Network obviously it's about a social disorder guy who is a regular hacker by day and a crazy badass hacker by night!!!!! It has so many twists and turns but with the main characters drug usage can be gruesome at times!!! But so is law n order SVU anywayssss..... Basically he joins this group of hackers (that put you in the mind of ANoNYMOUS) who's mission is to take power from the top elites and give it to the poor basically making middle class and lower class individuals financially free!!! Just watch the show!!! You will not regret it 7 episodes out right now first 5 are free but of course the whole "sign in with your TV provider" crap can be an issue. And I have an answer to that scenario....

We're up to 8 and as time progresses I'm regretting it more and more. There's several more pages in this thread and I highly recommend you read those too.

Well, what would you prefer them to do?

They can't use a valid IP as there will be people who will try to access that IP to see what, if anything, is there years after the program has run its course. Imagine if the movie Hackers had an actual IP in there. Would you resist the temptation to nmap that thing? Honestly? Stop lying!

They could use an IP from one of the private IP blocks. 172.../12 would be best because in my experience it's used the least of the 3 so there's a fair chance only people 'in the know' will realize it's private. If they were to use an 192.168/16 IP there's a chance noobs will end up hacking their home router and a 10/8 IP might be taken at their place of work.

Aside from making up an IP that is known to be incorrect, what would you suggest they do?

Actually, what they should've done is pick a private IPv6 address! Even less people are currently using it and there's a VAST space to play with there.

Hey that's exactly what I was thinking! Did you hack my brain man?

Attrition seems to be watching as well, scroll down to bottom - http://attrition.org/misc/ee/tv_tech

Looks like people are def paying attention to IP addresses, etc. I'm hoping at some point there is maybe an easter egg. Make sitting through them a bit easier knowing there is something to do..lol

Lookign at the attrition stuff, search for the one twitter account, you get - https://twitter.com/brvtrvllr > https://twitter.com/ChristaPags - which if you follow one of the users, one of them links to an IMDB profile for Mr Robot! -> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6146287/

Actually a few peole from the show's employees I - https://twitter.com/KorAdana

Edited by digip

The shows quality is all over the place. It's not a great show, I'd not even say it was good, but it keeps you coming back as it has moments where you laugh for a few seconds or say OK this is okay.

Catch and Halt Fire, is a much better tech related show.

Has anyone watched Scorpion? Bit more like watching the movie hackers, where they never fail to pull something off, but I find it easier to watch since I have no expectations of reality in the show. We're only about 18 episodes into season one but enjoying it.

Has anyone watched Scorpion? Bit more like watching the movie hackers, where they never fail to pull something off, but I find it easier to watch since I have no expectations of reality in the show. We're only about 18 episodes into season one but enjoying it.

Scorpion is fucking awful, I felt dirty after I watched it and not good dirty! Like someone had just taken a shit on you, its that fucking bad.

Scorpion is fucking awful, I felt dirty after I watched it and not good dirty! Like someone had just taken a shit on you, its that fucking bad.

I'm not watching it for the realistic factor. I get a chuckle out of the show. With Mr Robot, I feel like I want to yell at the screen when watching, like "What the fuckery was that shit!" The anal sex, him kissing his supposed "sister", the murder, drug induced Train Spotting freak out, all of this is like wtf is happening, and taking front stage when the show seemed it was going to be about techy stuff, but it's just another crime drama TV show, sex, drugs, but no rock n roll.

Haven't even seen the latest episode but after reading this thread again I doubt I will ;)

Again wish it all best but they surely can't get another season out of it.

It's already filing season 2 if I'm not mistaken. Regardless of the few techy people critiquing it, it's getting a lot of people ot watch, even if we're watching only to have things to bash, it's ratings mean advertising dollars and that make money, so it will stay on the air even if it gets bad reviews because people are still going to watch a train wreck.

It kind of makes sense a bit now looking at how slater is his father, if you think about it he never quit on elliot and even when his drug stupor was happening, was the only one that stood by him. The sister though, still trying to get that to sink in.

Around the airing of ep 5 I had people at work trying to impress co-workers by asking about Mr Robot, trying to reverse the "Oh, you're not watching $POPULAR_SHOW? You must be a dork" spiel. Made me cringe not in the least because they typically only watched up until ep2, 3 at best.

This morning during my drive to work the column of some radio guy talked about how Mr Robot was soooo awesome. He, too, admitted only having watched up to ep 2 and he was SUPER excited about it.

I watched ep 9 last night... Trying to reconcile the twists with the underlying story is causing me serious pain. The plot holes, they're everywhere.

Why? Why couldn't they just make it something formulaic like The A-Team or something? You know, 9 minutes of a problem emerging while keeping ahead of the law, 9 minutes of the problem worsening and someone being captured, 9 minutes of tank construction, shooting randomly about yourself ending in surrender of the bad guy(s), 3 minutes of Face making out with the girl and Murdock annoying BA. So what if it's predictable, it was fun. We're reaching the point where watching the show is as entertaining as bathing your eyeballs in acid. And the reason I'm getting this miffed is not because it's such a shit show, but because of the potential that got wasted. If it was shit at the start and remained that way nobody would probably have batted an eye, but this... this is just mean. They reel you in with the promise of something nice and then just throw it out of the window while patting themselves on the back over how great they are.

They should just put out ep 10 right now so we can see Elliott shoot the exec with the gun Darlene stole from that guys appartment and hid in the popcorn case, the blond chick take the job and then change the company from within (make them grow moss on the roof of their buildings or something meaningless like that) and Darlene and Elliott starting the attack, only to be thwarted by technology at the last minute. Elliott takes a job as a subordinate of the blond chick just because. Queue seasion 2 which I hope they don't make.