What am I missing?

So, I have been doing a lot more research since my last question and I came across PwnPi and FruityWifi. I have been pricing things out, and I came up with just over $110 including international shipping for the following:

Rpi 2 model b

2x alfa 1200 mw usb wifi dongles with rt3070 chipset (bgn)

A plastic case with fan and heatsink for rpi

Samsung 16gb microsd with adapter

A pack of transistors to control the fan depending on temps.

This has all the functionality of a wifi pineapple for just $10 more plus free shipping. Why buy a pineapple if I could instead get this which is more powerful with more storage for phishing attacks and more expandable?

The Pineapple is out of the box ready to go. It doesn't require building, installing or configuring (bar configuring just exactly how you want certain aspects to work).

Also you buy the Pineapple, you support Hak5.

I tried FruityWifi with my rpi2. I had the rpi2 and a alfa usb already, so for me fruitywifi was a very cheap step.

I'm really a newby and I think that is the main reason I could not get it to function like it should be. The MKV works out of the box and there is more info on forums and on youtube.

For me it was a very easy decision to buy the MKV eventhough I already have all the hardware to play with fruitywifi.

And the MKV looks pretty pretty slick :)

Cut corners and you double problems. It may be a touch cheaper in the long run but time building configuring, setting up testing all adds up and that will surely add to it's overall cost.

Plus anything you need to know about the pineapple you have everyone here to help but something you have made yourself then only relays on you to fix it. Someone's it's best to have all ships sailing in the same direction :)

This has all the functionality of a wifi pineapple for just $10 more plus free shipping. Why buy a pineapple if I could instead get this which is more powerful with more storage for phishing attacks and more expandable?

I think you should build it and get back to us with pictures or video of the finished product showing us what it can do. I'd like to see the specs too, especially the power consumption.

Edited by fringes

If portability isn't a major concern, maybe look into an Intel Nuc (with a celeron chip if you want low cost) - then you can run full blown Kali linux in a small form factor.

I bought a MKV on launch night but it is just too much hassle so it hardly ever used :(

Raspberry Pi 2 (Middle)

Alfa NHA (Access Point, Left)

Alfa 036H (Deauth, Right)

Anker 3 10.000 mah

Pelican Case 1040

Running Kali 1.1.0 amd64 (with autostart: hostapd, dnsmasq, nginx, php-fpm, vncserver, mdk3)

:cool:

post-39960-0-76978600-1432577575_thumb.p

Edited by KiatoGS