Pixie Dust attack with Pineapple?

I've been trying to get the Wifi Pineapple to be able to perform the pixie dust attack for quite a while, and I can't seem to be able to. I'm thinking the problem is with the modified Reaver you have to install, but I can't be sure.

I've followed this guide: http://matthewhknight.com/autopixiewps/
(In case the link above is remove or something, just google AutoPixieWPS)

On my PC and Laptop it works flawlessly, but whenever I try this on the pineapple, I'm no longer able to pick up WPS.

If anyone has gotten this to work, or has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

I've been trying to get the Wifi Pineapple to be able to perform the pixie dust attack for quite a while, and I can't seem to be able to. I'm thinking the problem is with the modified Reaver you have to install, but I can't be sure.

I've followed this guide: http://matthewhknight.com/autopixiewps/

(In case the link above is remove or something, just google AutoPixieWPS)

On my PC and Laptop it works flawlessly, but whenever I try this on the pineapple, I'm no longer able to pick up WPS.

If anyone has gotten this to work, or has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

I'm sure the user datahead is working on this if i remember correctly there was a post on HF about it.

Edited by z3roc00l

Datahead made a post about it, but thay was talking about Kali, not the Pineapple.

the only thing ive been able to find on the other forum was the one from autopixie and the wifite mod. Neother of them are about the pineapple, so I havent found much support.

If anyone could help me take a look at this I would be greatful.

Datahead made a post about it, but thay was talking about Kali, not the Pineapple.

the only thing ive been able to find on the other forum was the one from autopixie and the wifite mod. Neother of them are about the pineapple, so I havent found much support.

If anyone could help me take a look at this I would be greatful.

He mentioned it in a PM, just found it now.

I'm not sure if he started it yet but have asked him an linked thread hoping he will reply soon.

Thanks for passing the message.

As soon as my classes are out, I'm going to see if I can figure out anything else. I believe there was a dependency or two missing from the pineapple that aren't on opkg, and I think I remember having problems with WASH. I'll post my findings as soon as I'm home. Just remember that I'm not an expert.

I have my own reaver i use compiled for the pineapple, i will however try and bring mine and t6x's fork over to the pineapple for public use. the latest release of pixiewps should work natively on the pineapple, as i had to work with wiire to try and provide some code changes for us to port over for endianness of the pineapple. You can expect to see a release of reaver from me for the pineapple later this week, i apologize for the delay

I think i may first have to trim out some features for the release of my modded reaver for stability reasons, but all the needed output will be there and i will even probably provide a nice script to launch and collect the data for either offloading the collected data to pc, or just to do it all on the pineapple.

Now, the plan of action will be to first release a minimal required feature set to the pineapple regarding reaver and pixiehash gathering.

The next move in the step would be to test pixiewps crosscompiles and make optimizations where i can. It will be considerably slower on our pineapples but 'should' work. I worry about putting too much load on the pineapple when doing calculations for realtek.

Then after i have those two built, stable and ready to go, the next step is to unify reaver and pixiewps much like me and t6x have been working on with our reaver fork.

new versions of aircrack are easy to rebuild for the pineapple, as everything is already there for build with the pineapple / openwrt dev packages :) so im sure i could put those builds up aswel if seb hasnt already.

also, to note that wash doesnt install itself properly if you are installing reaver to SD, if thats the issue you were having. symlinks have to be made in the proper locations. see my post here https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31454-support-wps/page-17#entry255568

but the issue not being exactly with wash itself, but more so the needed directories not being built

and with our new reaver builds, the locations of install have also changed

Edited by DataHead

Thought i'd update ya, i have compiled a version of reaver for displaying the hashes needed for pixiehashes, it will generally display more output that what we have done with our t6x fork, but its For more of a future compatability reason. Its working as expected but just need to add my -P option to it, and make some other small adjustments so we can run it without having to kb interrupt it to finish. Also ive compiled the latest aircrack-ng 1.2 rc 2 and have it working properly aswel

And if all go's as i expect without my personal life getting in the way, will probably see the release of reaver tomorrow, and if anyone wants, i can put up the aircrack version aswel. But do note, that in these releases of aircrack, airmon-ng has been replaced with airmon-zc but is still known as airmon-ng. Which will create monitor interfaces as wlan1mon instead of mon1, which may interfere with some of the system functions and or infusions just purely looking for a monx interface instead of wlanxmon interfaces

Edit: I've decided to just hold off on releasing the new aircrack, as im sure it will be released with the next fw update and it will eliminate any issue if i were to do a 'pre-release'. So just wait for the next Firmware update.

Edited by DataHead

Thanks so much DATAHEAD!

I really appreciate the time you're putting into this.

Really looking forward to this infusion. I've had some success using this script in with WifiSlax. It's VERY automatic. The really doesn't need to do much at all. :)

Cheers!

And if all go's as i expect without my personal life getting in the way, will probably see the release of reaver tomorrow, and if anyone wants, i can put up the aircrack version aswel. But do note, that in these releases of aircrack, airmon-ng has been replaced with airmon-zc but is still known as airmon-ng. Which will create monitor interfaces as wlan1mon instead of mon1, which may interfere with some of the system functions and or infusions just purely looking for a monx interface instead of wlanxmon interfaces

Edit: I've decided to just hold off on releasing the new aircrack, as im sure it will be released with the next fw update and it will eliminate any issue if i were to do a 'pre-release'. So just wait for the next Firmware update.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated afain. I am still working on this but there has been an introduction of a compatability bug in reaver across numerous linux distro's, which has probably been there since its early versions, and just now surfacing after some other 'needed' lib updates / installs. this issue is being investigated.

Edited by DataHead

can someone test the output of this for me?

please use it in conjunction with the '-vv' switch

and look for [P] lines

should be:

PKR

PKE

AuthKey

EHash1

EHash2

E-NONCE

R-NONCE

if it outputs all those, then good :)

also as for pixiewps, we have a multithreaded version in the works, so porting will wait until that release

but for now, i need someone whom is willing to test this version of reaver, my pineapple is having some slight issues at the moment

http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/nD38lOIZ/file.html

extract the .ipk from the zip and place it on your sd card then,

cd /sd

opkg install reaver_r113-1_ar71xx.ipk

this will overwrite any your previous reaver install, so please do so at your own risk.

and if whomever tests this, can post a a copy of its output, would be greatly appreciated

again, use it with -vv and -P switches ( -P is in place to prevent possible lockouts, and you will have to terminate reaver it manually in this mode )

http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/nD38lOIZ/file.html

Edited by DataHead

and pixiewps works for the pineapple, tested with some hashes and worked great. but if you are use to using it on a pc, the times to calculate the hashes have upped a bit.

on my pc, takes miliseconds for the calulations. on the pineapple, been seeing anywhere from 2 - 15 seconds. still not bad, but it is to be expected from the 400mhz mips processor :D

And for those whom need to see proof of pixiewps on the pineapple, here is a screen shot. Left side is pineapples build, right side is kali

http://gyazo.com/0f997a86a5346260818ec9948a93c9ef

And the broken pipe after pixiewps on the pineapple is because i had disconnected from it while ssh was active, just incase anyone thinks it was an error from pixiewps

:(

root@Pineapple:/sd# chmod 777 reaver_r113-1_ar71xx.ipk
root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg install reaver_r113-1_ar71xx.ipk
Installing reaver (r113-1) to root...
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_pkg: Package reaver md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package reaver.

If that does not work, i will look at it later when im at my dev box. as i have a few of the test stage ipks ready to deploy to the pineapple anyways. next time ill be sure to mirror the uploads aswel, incase of a corrupt upload