How to scan PineAP targets from pc/laptop

MadDog86

Hi how would i scan for targets i run Armitage on my laptop scan my whole network with built in nmap function it finds all hosts on my network so that is fine

hear is the problem i have two test laptops connected to the pineapple AP i have internet etc so all is fine the problem Armitage/nmap only finds the the mark 5 ip but not the ips of the test laptops connected to the mark 5 where am i going wrong any help would be appreciated

No suggestions on this guys ? even when i run a scan with zenmap it finds all hosts on my network plus the IP of the pineapple but not the the IP given to the victims from the pineapple even if i manually put the IP from the dhcp client tile it says the host is not up when in fact it is as i am able to browse internet etc how is one supposed to do any recon of the connected clients ?

Solved What I had to do if any body else is having trouble you need to connect to your own AP created by the pineapple so you are then on the same network as the victims then in nmap/zenmap armitage what ever you use scan the network range 172.16.42.42/24 and bingo the victims show up in the scan list handy for displaying what if any ports are open etc

Edited by MadDog86

If it's just scanning, you could just use the nmap infusion. You should also be able to use the meterpreter infusion. But it goes without saying that you need network access.

Something fun/cool to do if you must use Armitage (or other flavor of metasploit interface) would be to use the meterpreter infusion and practice pivoting (adding routes, etc.) to scan and attack through the pineapple as a pivot. In fact, I highly recommend trying that. Let us know how it goes.