aireplay-ng deauth doesnt work as it should be

justin666

ok so i used aireplay-ng --deauth 2 -a [router mac]

than it says couldnt determine current channel for mon0 you should either force it blah blah blah it suggested --ignore-negative-one

it didnt work either now it asked for either -a or -e

so i entered following command

aireplay-ng --deauth 3 -a [my router mac] mon0 -e [my connected phone mac]

it sucessfully nocked off my phone of the wifi and indicated packet loss on comand

airodump-ng -w test --bssid [my router mac] mon0 -c 11

now i stopped dumping the packets and when i tryed

aircrack-ng -w [ location of file containing a lot of repetitive bullshit and somewhere in the middle having a real password] test-01.cap

it didnt find any wpa handshakes and quits aircrack.

what am i doing wrong??? please help

P.S. posted from android device

try starting the card in monitor mode with the channel you want to work on.airmon-zc start vs ng too. airodump-ng -c #channelyouwanttoworkon -w dump mon0 and then try the aireplay-ng attack again.

you may have to capture longer and keep repeating the deauth a few times. airodump will say when it has seen the handshake so if the phone does not automatically reconnect you won't see it either

Edited by digip

Did you start airodump-ng before deauthing ? If not, try starting airodump-ng, and leave it running while you run aireplay-ng in another window. When a 4 way handshake is captured, airodump will normally tell you in the upper right-hand corner, unless you're using a REALLY old version. You can see an example in this image (not mine) : http://s94.photobucket.com/user/TAPE_RULEZ/media/ocl03.jpg.html