Pineapple Kali Pi rev:2

Guest desarmy

Guest desarmy

I originally made this device with a raspberry pi model b, wifipineapple mark 4 and the usb rubberducky. Now I am using the raspberry pi 2, wifi pineapple mark 5 and the usb rubberducky

SN7xSLt.jpg36Y3xRr.jpg

Not sure how the ducky fits in to all this, but I'm loving this! :lol:

Pre computed commands on the go when not carrying the keyboard? The ducky can also mount as an extra USB storage device when used to grab data if needed so if you placed your bundle somewhere similar to a dead drop, you could come, plug in the ducky, pull data off, walk away or vice versa I suppose.

• 9 months later...

All I wanna know is what bluetooth keyboard is that because I want one now.

Not the exact one, but looks like a Logitech k400

• 2 months later...

Something I would like to point out about those keyboards is that the decoding of the wireless keyboard signal is done in software rather than in hardware and on a loaded machine this driver can get swapped out. What that effectively means is that if you put the keyboard away as the machine is chugging away, then decide to pick it up again and do something the initial lag can be substantial.

A potent example is my video rig, an i7 6700 equipped machine with 16 GB of RAM. Not exactly a lightweight I'm sure you'll agree. I had paired this with the Logitech K400 wireless keyboard since I had one. I was recording 3 HD streams (top said about 30% idle, load of about 7) for about 15 minutes when I wanted to make some adjustments so I grabbed the keyboard and tried to move the mouse using the trackpad. It was disgustingly sluggish. Typing characters had a similar effect. It took about a minute of just moving the mouse in circles before things responded somewhat normally again. Did the same a few minutes later, same effect. Replaced the wireless keyboard with a wired one and things were smooth all the time.

I had previously seen similar effects on my Odroid-U2 while streaming a video to my TV, but here I figured the problem was that the network driver (using an old-style driver that would interrupt on every packet rather than once at the start of the stream - the interrupt handler was eating a fair chunk of the CPU) and the fact that, like with the Raspberry Pi, the network adapter was an USB device meaning that the keyboard would have to share the bus with this very bandwidth-heavy stream combined with the video decoding configured to be too taxing on the CPU. That 4-core puppy was a trooper, but quite clearly overwhelmed by the task I gave it.

Bottom line, if you want flexibility a wireless keyboard is the way to go, but be aware that it taxes the CPU and if this CPU is already heavily loaded...

youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png

• 1 month later...

just a suggestion but why not use the banana pi instead and 1.5 sata drive for storage and os. dc-dc bucket psu and Lion poly battery. all this could fit nicely in one box with no modifications.

Just a thought for you to mull over.

regards

kerravon

Guest desarmy

i

just a suggestion but why not use the banana pi instead and 1.5 sata drive for storage and os. dc-dc bucket psu and Lion poly battery. all this could fit nicely in one box with no modifications.

Just a thought for you to mull over.

regards

kerravon

am always improving my designs

Edited by desarmy