[Community Info] All about PineAP

bytedeez

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Whistle Master, August 17, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Whistle Master, August 17, 2014 - No reason given

FACEPALM.png

That picture was bigger than i thought it was.

System infusions don't have support threads because bug reports :)

Edited by Foxtrot

Although some of you might have thought a support thread for pineAP was silly. Let's not forget that we are called a community for a reason. The thread was created for us to give support to each other, having all the information in one thread to make issues and solutions easier to find makes things easier and more organized rather than scrolling through a bunch of different threads that get lost in the shuffle. Plus having a thread for support rather than a bug report, takes some of the load off Seb and others in the community, especially when it's a issue that had been answered. So if nothing else maybe pin* a thread where all questions and concerns can be answered or linked.

Hi guys,

Currently i have receveived these probes:

Aug 15 15:31:30 KARMA: Probe Request from XXXX for SSID 'NETGEAR37'
Aug 15 15:29:13 KARMA: Probe Request from
XXXX for SSID 'FAMPS'
Aug 15 15:23:34 KARMA: Probe Request from
XXXX for SSID 'GroeneGiraf'
Aug 15 15:10:34 KARMA: Probe Request from
XXXX for SSID 'SitecomD02EA8'
Aug 15 15:07:34 KARMA: Probe Request from
XXXX for SSID 'Otten'
Aug 15 15:06:07 KARMA: Probe Request from
XXXX for SSID 'NETGEAR37-5G'
Aug 15 15:01:13 KARMA: Probe Request from
XXXX for SSID 'Sitecom1FC9B4'
Aug 15 14:49:03 KARMA: Probe Request from
XXXX for SSID 'UPC1890413'
Aug 15 14:43:02 KARMA: Probe Request from
XXXX for SSID 'Vakbedrijf Span'
Aug 15 14:28:17 KARMA: Probe Request from XXXX for SSID 'FAMPS'

This is running:

MK5 Karma Enabled. | Stop
Autostart Disabled. | Enable

PineAP Enabled. | Disable
Dogma Enabled. | Disable
Beacon Response Enabled. | Disable
Auto Harvester Enabled. | Disable

And these are the SSID PineAP has in the list:

Why does it not add the SSID it finds. I can only manually add them trough reconnaissance mode. Any clue what is going on?

Auto Harvester collects Probe Requests and adds them to the SSID Management list

Reconnaissance visualizes the WiFi landscape and provides a convenient way to gather ESSIDs for Dogma or BSSIDs for Targeting

Dogma uses the list for frame injection either to a specified target (by target BSSID) or broadcast (everyone, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)

Beacon Response reinforces Karma's traditional Probe Response with ~400 automatic targeted beacons (only the probing devices can see these)

We'll have proper documentation out soon.

Concerning the new features:

I noticed that from my spare android phone (samsung galaxy exhibit) that auto Harvester is not picking up my APs that should be broadcasting.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling the different features in various order as well as wlan1.

I don't think it's all in the features as AV will pick some from pc. But not all.

1. While harvesting SSID's does Beacon response have to be active also?

2. When Dogma is active does Beacon response also have to be active?

3. When I activate Dogma, this Broadcasts the SSID's that are in my SSID MANAGEMENT LIST and makes them OPEN. What happens to the original SSID? The replication is coming from the Pineapple, why cannot I see the original SSID from the original AP?

4. Sometimes when I have a successful association, It appears in the Karma Log as a client has connected, but the Intelligence report is blank, but has the fields showing but dosnt show what is connected. is there a fix for this?

Thanks

We'll have proper documentation out soon.

Cool, I bought my MkV at Defcon along with some other kit :) I watched the talks you and Seb gave and it looks easy enough for anyone with some WiFi understanding. Just trying to gather as much info as I can now to get the most out of it. Loving it so far !!

Thanks for the response guys.

Questions 1 and 2 are answered - Thanks

Question 3 is an odd one. You say that I should be getting both the original SSID and the replicated SSID when Dogma is activated. This dosnt happen. I only get the SSID that the Pineapple is giving out!? The original SSID from the original AP disappears! Does it matter that I don't see the original!? I guess not as Dogma is doing its job!

Thanks for the response guys.

Questions 1 and 2 are answered - Thanks

Question 3 is an odd one. You say that I should be getting both the original SSID and the replicated SSID when Dogma is activated. This dosnt happen. I only get the SSID that the Pineapple is giving out!? The original SSID from the original AP disappears! Does it matter that I don't see the original!? I guess not as Dogma is doing its job!

Probably the SSID has been taken from a device (client) that it´s searching for that SSID, so you would not see it if the network SSID it´s not near you. You should see it just if the network it´s in range.

For exaple: If you are near a burger and you take the SSID form a client of the burger, you should see the original SSID and you fake SSID. But, if you take that SSID for a client of the burger and you are out of the range of the burger network, you should see your fake SSID.

Probably the SSID has been taken from a device (client) that it´s searching for that SSID, so you would not see it if the network SSID it´s not near you. You should see it just if the network it´s in range.

For exaple: If you are near a burger and you take the SSID form a client of the burger, you should see the original SSID and you fake SSID. But, if you take that SSID for a client of the burger and you are out of the range of the burger network, you should see your fake SSID.

Exactly :happy:

Hi,

Firstly i would like to thank the Hak5 team for all the hard work they have but into the new firmware.

Ive been playing around with PineAP after reading so much about it but I'm now a bit confused, so have a few questions.

1. When i enable Karma and PineAP i see lots of probe requests in the Karma log and these APs show up on my laptop but not on my phone, is this right?

2. When i enable beacon response along with PineAP and karma nothing different seems to happen then what i mentioned above, so what does beacon response do?

Thanks for the help and i know there is supposed to be documentation coming out but i just want to get using these as soon as possible.

Uhhh might just be your phone taking to long to detect all the networks i notice my phone doesn't pick up all the networks right away. It might be an issue with that maybe phones can't pick up but so many networks.

Under the SSID management just to be correct you added or have a list of networks you wanna broadcast as correct?

Thought this might be useful

• Windows Phone 8.0 Black Firmware - Nokia Lumia 920
  • Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Firmware - Nokia Lumia 1020

So for example it doesn't display any access points on Nokia Windows Phone devices

So if you have a Windows Lumia 920 or 1020 which I've tested for with firmware Black 8.0 and also 8,1 developer release then users would be safe and would not see any new access points. (just the real ones which your device picked up before you turned on the Pineapple)

I also have a OnePlus One running Android 4,4,4 and also an IPhone 4s, a Surface RT and an IPAD which I'll test a little later tonight, and if either of them pass then I'll update the list.

Edited by zoro25